The WeGO Smart Sustainable City Awards was established in 2011 to recognize and promote the outstanding ICT and e-Government practices of cities around the world. Through this regular international competition, the WeGO Smart Sustainable City Awards aims to encourage the incorporation of innovative ICT technology for the enhancement of administrative efficiency;
increase citizen access to public services; and to actively share knowledge on innovative Smart Sustainable City strategies.
The WeGO Smart Sustainable City Awards is given to the most successful smart city projects, selected by the WeGO Smart Sustainable City Awards Judging Panel in six categories.
BENEFITS TO WINNERS
- ● Winners are honored in front of a high-level international audience and international media at the WeGO Smart Sustainable City Awards Ceremony to be held June 27 – 30, 2017 at the 4th WeGO General Assembly
- ● Winners are widely promoted through WeGO’s communication channels
- ● Winners can publicize their achievements at the WeGO Smart Sustainable City Awards and on their official documents and websites
- ● Winners will be featured in WeGO’s upcoming Smart Sustainable City Best Practices Journal in 2017
All applications must be submitted online. Each city can submit up to two different project applications.
- - Online application will be available until April 14, 2017
- - The announcement of final winners is expected to be in May 2017
- - The Award Ceremony for winners will be held in June 2017 at the 4th WeGO General Assembly
FINAL WINNERS IN 2014
- URBAN MANAGEMENT
- ○ Best – Seoul, Korea. Seoul City Transportation Card System
- ○ Outstanding – Gimpo, Korea. Smartopia Gimpo
- ○ Most Promising – Ankara,Turkey. Smart Mobility
- DIGITAL DIVIDE
- ○ Best – New Taipei, Chinese Taipei. Happy Healthy Elders @ New Taipei
- ○ Outstanding – Da Nang, Vietnam. Development of E-Government Project of Da Nang City
- ○ Most Promising – Singapore. Silver Infocomm Initiative
- ○ Best – Bangalore, India. GIS-based Transformation of BBMP’s Operation of Road Infrastructure
- ○ Outstanding – Barcelona, Spain. Online Administrative Procedures
- ○ Most Promising – San Fernando, La Union, Philippines. Document Tracking System
- OPEN CITY
- ○ Best – Helsinki, Finland. Open Ahjo
- ○ Outstanding – Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR China. Opening Up of Public Sector Information
- ○ Most Promising – Chengdu, China. Chengdu Municipal Government Microblog – Online Public Service
- ○ Best -Taipei, Chinese Taipei. Smart & Easy Travelling in Taipei
- ○ Outstanding – Songpa, Korea. Songpa Administrative Communication System through Social Media
- ○ Most Promising- Beyoglu, Turkey. Beyoglu Social Card-Food Banking
I invite you to apply for the WeGO Smart Sustainable City Awards!
Mayor of Seoul, President of WeGO