Bureau and Corporate Funded Body
A certification system that recognizes the level of web accessibility of excellent sites that adhere to web accessibility standards and guidelines so that the disabled and the elderly can use the website conveniently. The quality mark is used to symbolize this on excellent websites.
- Organizer: Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning
- Certification Body: Korea Institute of Web Accessibility Certification and Value, Korea Web Accessibility Evaluation Center, WebWatch Co.
- Validity: One year from the date of certification
- Judging criteria: Web accessibility quality mark certification standard based on ‘Internet web content accessibility guidelines 2.0′
- Evaluation method: Three-step screening procedure including pre-examination, expert examination, user examination
- Quality mark:
In accordance with Article 21 (Duty to Provide Legitimate Convenience in Telecommunication and Communications, etc.) and Article 26 (Prohibition of Discrimination in Provisions of Judicial and Administrative Procedures and Services), since April 11th, 2008, Seoul has complied with the guidelines for web accessibility and has been making efforts to ensure that the disabled and the elderly can use the website comfortably.