Our Personal Information Protection Policy
All personal information handled by the Seoul Metropolitan Government (“the City of Seoul”) is collected, saved and processed under the relevant laws and regulations and with the consent of the party that has the rights to it. The City of Seoul will handle personal information reasonably and lawfully in such a way as to carry out public business properly. This includes protecting people’s rights and interests under the Act on Public Institutions’ Personal Information Protection that stipulates general norms concerning the handling personal information.
The City of Seoul respects users’ rights, including their right to check their personal information kept by the City of Seoul and ask for corrections/amendments, under the relevant laws and regulations. Users may ask for administrative judgment concerning what is deemed to be infringement on their rights or interests under the Administrative Judgment Act.
We operate our Personal Information Protection Policy as follows:
Personal information automatically collected
The following information is automatically collected through records of your logging in to our Homepage:
- - Your internet server domain and the address of the website through which you visited our Homepage.
- - The type of browser and operation system you use.
- - Hour and date of your visit.
Such information is used for statistical analysis intended to provide you with better services and improve the quality of our Homepage. It also facilitates smooth communication between users and websites.
We exert all possible administrative and technological efforts for protection of personal information handled on our Homepage. However, it is recommended that you avoid submitting what you consider to be sensitive, personal information, as a precaution.
Departments in charge of personal information
Please be assured that the personal information collected by the City of Seoul is managed safely by those stated in the following:
of the Homepage
|Names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses||Operation and management of the Homepage||Global Marketing Division||82-2-3707-8456|
|Reservation for the use of facilities /Lectures and educational sessions.||Relevant management||Officer in charge of information- related planning||82-2-3707-9178~80|
|Submittal of complaints by electronic means||Relevant management||Officer in charge of citizen customers||82-2-2171-2306|
|Events.||Lottery drawing and dispatch of prizes||Relevant departments|
You should always ensure that the personal information you submitted is kept up to date to help us maintain the information correctly.
We do our best to protect your personal information. The officer in charge is held responsible when there is a problem concerning the protection of your personal information.
Please remember that you are responsible for keeping secret your PASSWORD associated with your ID. Please take extra precautions not to disclose your PASSWORD to others. Please note that the City of Seoul will not ask you your PASSWORD directly under any circumstances
Handling unwanted e-mails and the collection of information via e-mail or web format
The City of Seoul provides members with a variety of information via e-mail. A member may inform us of his/her intention not to receive such information at any time through our Homepage.
You may express your opinions by ordinary mail, phone or electronic formats. In doing so, please pay attention to the following :
- - The articles you place on our Homepage may be read by others.
- - What you place on our Homepage may be shared by others under the relevant laws and regulations. It may also be used as material in connection with the implementation of relevant laws and regulations or the development of policies.
Restriction over personal information
The City of Seoul makes it a point not to disclose the personal information it has collected or acquired without members’ prior consent. It shall also not be used for a commercial purpose under the Act on Public Institutions’ Personal Information Protection, Article 10 and the City of Seoul Ordinance concerning Installation and Operation of Internet Systems, Article 20. However, this does not apply in the following events:
- 1. When there is a request from a government institution for investigation under the relevant laws and regulations.
- 2. When personal information is used for drawing up statistics, academic research or market surveys after being processed in a way specified individuals cannot be identified;
- 3. When there is a request according to a procedure set by the relevant laws and regulations.
Concerning internet cookies
We use internet cookies to provide a unique and highly customized service. Internet cookies are small pieces of information (in text format) that are downloaded to your computer when you visit many websites. You should accept the cookies so as to use the membership service we provide. We track down information on IDs, using these cookies, to provide an improved and more useful service to users. Cookies identify users’ computers, but not users themselves.
Purpose of the use of personal information collected
The City of Seoul makes it a point to state the purpose of when personal information is collected. Collected personal information is used for the following purposes:
- - Names, genders, IDs and PASSWORDs – for identification of individual users and imposition of age limit for certain services.
- - E-main addresses and phone numbers – for delivery of notices, checking individual users’ opinions and handling complaints.
- - Postal addresses and phone numbers – for delivery of mail to correct addresses.
- - Others – for provision of customized services for individual users.
Protective measures taken by our Homepage
The City of Seoul operates numerous diverse programs to monitor network traffic so as to detect attempts at illegal alteration of personal information. We use codified data that is collected when saving and transmitting so as to protect personal information. We save all personal information on our server.
Link site and web pages
Please be sure to check the policy of each new website you visit. Their policies pertain to your personal information when you move to another site or web page by clicking the link or banner included in web pages operated by the City of Seoul.
Concerning the acquisition of the personal information of others while using our Homepage
You are not allowed to acquire the personal information of others, such as e-mail address, in order to identify any specific user of a web site operated by the City of Seoul. Any act of accessing the personal information of others through a dishonest method (with the help of others) is subject to punishment under the Act on Public Institutions’ Personal Information Protection, Article 23.
Inquiries about our personal information protection policy
Please contact the following officer for inquiries concerning our personal information protection policy or to report a case of personal data infringement :
- - Kim Dae-seong : officer in charge of information and communication, the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
- - E-mail : email@example.com
- - Phone : +82-2-3707-9278
- - Fax : +82-2-3707-9029
- - Address : The Seoul City Hall 31 Taepyeong-ro 1-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-744