- – By the end of the first half of 2018, Seoul to complete improvements in its overall operations and services of Seoul public bicycles
- – Anyone may just log on to the Seoul public bicycle web page using his/her login identification name and password of other portal websites or social network service pages
- – Also smartphone-based mobile payment method to be newly introduced
- – One-day coupon, group coupon and customized fare system to be applied
- – Analyzing big data, rental centers to be added and bicycles to be relocated
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA, March 5th, 2018 – As the Seoul Metropolitan Government has completed a setting up of 20,000 Seoul public bicycles, dubbed Ttareungi, it will have improvements in its overall operations and services.
By the end of the first half of this year, those who have only a mobile phone number verification without any personal identification process using their name or date of birth may easily get a membership for Ttareungi. Those who do not want to sign up for a membership may just log on to the Seoul public bicycle web page using their login identification name and password of other portal websites or social network service pages. Also smartphone-based mobile payment method will be newly introduced for much simpler usage.
Seoul’s public bicycle was officially launched in October 2015. Since then, its needed infrastructures and facilities have been increased 10 times and its membership has been mounted up 20 times in just two years. Meanwhile, Ttareungi was selected by the citizens as the no. 1 item in the 2017 Seoul’s Best News 10.
< Operation Status of Seoul Public Bicycles >
- · Operation Numbers: 20,000 bicycles, 1,290 rental centers
- – 2015: 2,000 bicycles, 150 rental centers
- – 2016: 3,600 bicycles, 300 rental centers
- – 2017: 14,400 bicycles, 840 rental centers
- · Used Areas: throughout Seoul (25 district neighborhoods)
- · Memberships & Accumulated Numbers of Rental (Sept. 19, 2015 – Dec. 31, 2017):
598,000 memberships, 6,756,000 rentals
- – 2015(Sept. – Dec.): 34,000 memberships, 114,000 rentals
- – 2016(Jan. – Dec.): 177,000 memberships, 1,611,000 rentals
- – 2017(Jan. – Dec.): 387,000 memberships, 5,031,000 rentals