Seoul Square skating rink finally opened at 10 a.m. on Saturday, December 15 for the 2012 winter season. It is now open to the public from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. from Sunday to Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays. Admission costs just 1,000 won including the rental of a pair of ice skates. Gloves must also be worn while on the ice rink.
Operation of Seoul Square Skating Rink
- Location: north of Seoul Square (in front of City Hall)
- Size: 4,200㎡ (ice rink of 1,800㎡ plus auxiliary facilities)
- Operation Period : 51 days (Dec. 15, 2012 ~ Feb. 3, 2013)
- Opening Hours : 10:00~22:00 (Sunday ~ Thursday)
10:00~23:00 (Fridays, Saturdays and Public Holidays)
- Admission : 1,000 won per hour (including the rental of a pair of ice skates)
– Individuals: Online (http://www.seoulskate.or.kr/eng.php) or offline (at the site)
– Groups: Reservation by phone or e-mail is mandatory (See below).
||Sunday ~ Thursday
||Sat, Sun & Public Holidays
- Period: Dec. 17, 2012 (Mon) ~ Jan. 31, 2013 (Thu)
- Sessions: Four times daily (10:30, 13:30, 16:30 & 19:30)
- Tuition : 10,000 won per week (4 days from Mon~Thu)
※A 50-minute lesson plus one hour of practice daily
*Instructors: Former professional skaters
- Class Size : 15 persons per class
*For each class hour (or round), there will be five classes (75 persons).
*Each term (4-day week) admits 300 persons (75 persons x 4 daily sessions)
*There will be seven terms during the 2012 winter season.
- Eligibility : Anybody over 6 years old ( i.e., ‘western age’)
- Application : Online on a first-come, first-served basis