- The three-day festival to take place from 10am on March 8 in the areas of Jamsil Sports Complex and Jamsil Hangang Park
- For the 5km Marathon, the traffic to be restricted around the entrance to Jamsil Hangang Park from 9:50 a.m. on March 10
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA, March 6, 2019 — The Seoul Metropolitan Government will hold the “Seoul Great Festival” jointly with the Korea Association of Athletics Federations and Nike Korea from March 8 to 10 at Jamsil Sports Complex and Jamsil Hangang Park.
During the three-day festival, diverse sports activities and programs will be provided – a youth sports class and a five-on-five women’s soccer match will take place on the first day; running programs and training classes on the second day; and a five-kilometer marathon on the third day.
For the “Seoul Great Festival: 5km Marathon” event on March 10, the Seoul Metropolitan Government said that it will restrict traffic in the area from Jamsil Sports Complex to Jamsil Hangang Park from 9:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
For more information on traffic control and detour routes, please contact the Dasan Call Center. (Dial 120 press 9 press 1 for English)
< 2019 Seoul Great Festival >
- When: March 8 (Friday) – March 10 (Sunday), 2019 (3 days)
- Where: Jamsil Sports Complex (Main Stadium, Assistant Stadium, Parking Lot 1)
- Expected Number of Participants: approximately 20,000 (6,000 for Athletics, 6,000 for training program, 400 for women’s soccer, 8,000 for the concert)
- Programs: sports activities, cultural events, operation of sports experience zone, etc.
- – Day 1 (March 8): youth sports class, women’s soccer match, and music festival
- – Day 2 (March 9): running dance, team-pursuit running, training, women’s soccer match, and music festival
- – Day 3 (March 10): 5km Marathon, women’s soccer match, training, and music festival
- Organizers: Seoul Metropolitan Government, Korea Association of Athletics Federations, and Nike Korea
○ 5km Marathon Course Map
< Traffic Control Section and Detour Route >