Seoul Global Startup Center Resident Companies Recruitment
|< Selection of resident companies >||< Orientation for resident companies >|
|< Monthly networking >||< Customized consultation >|
To improve its image as international city that supports business startup for foreigners, international students, and immigrants living in Korea, Seoul City is operating a Seoul Global Startup Center in Yongsan. Since 2016, this center has helped foreigners from 33 countries establish 77 startup companies.
Seoul City is recruiting 20 teams of foreigner startup companies to move into the Seoul Global Startup Center. Selected companies will be allowed to move into the Seoul Global Startup Center for 1 year in which their residence can be extended for a maximum of 3 years after yearly screening.
These resident companies will receive fund support (up to 10,000,000 KRW), mentoring on technology, marketing, and incorporation of juristic persons, and customized consultation services, including patent and law-related matters required for business startup in Korea from lawyers, patent attorneys, and accountants so that they can grow as competitive companies. Any foreigner residing in Korea who is willing to start a business can apply for this program.
Seoul Global Startup Center
2018 Resident Companies Recruitment
- □ Scale of recruitment: About 20 teams
- □ Application and screening schedule
- ○ Application period: February 28 – March 30, 2018 (until 5:00 pm)
- ○ Application method: Through the website (http://seoulgsc.com)
- ○ Screening schedule
- – 1st screening (document review): April 3 – 5, 2018
- – 2nd screening (presentation): April 23 – 24, 2018
- ※ Selection announcement date: April 27, 2018 (Friday) – Results will be announced individually, or can also be checked on the website
- □ Recruitment targets
- ○ Preliminary business startup teams consisting of one or more foreigners (decision-makers), and teams within the first 3 years of establishment.
- ○ Teams available for starting a new business within 6 months after moving in, or teams available for moving into the Global Startup Center
- □ Screening method: Document review and presentation
- □ Screening items: Business feasibility, growth potential after moving in, team competence, etc.
- □ Support provided after moving in: Office space, business funds, training, mentoring, consultation, etc.
- □ Period of residence in the Global Startup Center: May 2018 – April 2019 (12 months)
- □ Inquiries
- ○ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ○ Contact: 82-2-718-1170 (available on weekdays during business hours)