Seoul Global Startup Center Opens
The Seoul Global Startup Center is opening its 2,255-square meter space for new startups from around the world at the Najin Electronic World, located in Yongsan-gu, Seoul.
The first project to recruit tenant companies has attracted 607 participants of 252 teams from 52 countries, along with various business groups. 50 teams that are expected to contribute to the improvement of the foreigner startup environment in Korea and economic development of Seoul were selected after a document evaluation and interview process.
After a one-month pilot incubating program in September 2016, 40 finalists will be selected and provided with free office space and funding vouchers worth 10 million won.
○ Location: Najin Electronic World Bldg. 14 (3rd floor), Hangang-ro 3(sam)-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
○ Targets: Local and foreign entrepreneurs establishing a new business with an innovative business idea or who are in the beginning stages of business (less than three years)
○ Hours of Operation: 09:00 ~ 18:00, open 24 hours only for the convenience of tenant companies
■ Main Programs
○ Recruitment of startups: demonstration days (two sessions/year), hold business exchanges, attract businesses that have an innovative business plan and desire for overseas expansion
○ Special support: provide supports for overseas expansion including interpretation/translation, patents, marketing, funding, investment attraction, tax/accounting, and other legal assistance
○ Visa: help obtain business or trade visas, required for foreign business startups
○ Overseas expansion: support local companies to advance overseas through business exchanges (corporate exchange programs), participation in overseas demonstrations/promotional activities (overseas networking), and local consulting services in the areas of law, patents, and logistics