- –Seoul and seven enterprises whose chief executive officers have high interests and willingness to make their companies smoke-free places to initiate together the “Non Smoking Culture at the Workplace” project, the first of its kind in Korea
- –For the next six months, they to stage the Non Smoking campaign and provide customized programs to encourage workers to stop smoking
- –Participating companies to establish a non-smoking decision-making body within the company and provide incentives and make a fund to those who try to stop smoking
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA, June 18, 2018 — The Seoul Metropolitan Government announced that it will initiate the “Non-Smoking Culture at the Workplace” project. According to the project, the city government officials will visit companies with more than 300 workers and provide support needed to encourage the workers to stop smoking.
The project is joined by seven enterprises whose chief executive officers have high interests and willingness to make their companies smoke-free places. They include LG Science Park, MoonBae Steel, eNsecure, i-sens, Jeju Air, Korea Corporation and Handok.
For the next six months, the Seoul Metropolitan Government and those seven enterprises will jointly stage the Non Smoking campaign and make project presentations at each company. They also provide customized programs, such as non-smoking environment examination, non-smoking culture creation, non-smoking support services for smokers, and the worker’s health promotions. Details on each program are as follows:
- · Non-smoking campaign and project presentation: encouraging workers to voluntarily participate in the non-smoking movement
- · Non-smoking environment examination: looking into workplace environment and making consultation about “stop-smoking”
- · Non-smoking support services for smokers: providing customized no-smoking coaching services, stop-smoking treatment, etc.
- · Non-smoking culture creation within the company: according to the company’s characteristics, separate programs are provided, such as development of the company’s non-smoking policy, management of work stresses, support of non-smoking activities, improvement of environment for encouraging no-smoking
Seven participating companies are planning to establish a non-smoking decision-making body within the company and provide non-smoking incentives, make non-smoking fund, deliver CEO’s cheering messages. In addition, they will offer financial support for worker’s gatherings to stop smoking, and form groups where workers together try to stop smoking.