As a botanic park (botanic garden + park) that combines a ‘park’ where citizens can enjoy rest and leisure with a ‘botanic garden’, where plants are exhibited and where visitors can learn; the Seoul Botanic Park opened its doors on October 11, 2018 at Magok-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul. Its total area is 504,000㎡, which is roughly the size of 70 soccer fields, and is composed of the 4 spaces: 1) Open Forest, 2) Theme Garden, 3) Lake Garden and 4) Swamp Garden. Seoul Botanic Park will be temporarily open to the public for six months and free of charge beginning October 11, 2018, before its official opening. There will be performances, markets, fashion shows, and other events on the weekends during October 2018. The ‘Theme Garden’ that exhibits 12 urban plants from around the world and other facilities will be open around-the-clock.
○ Address: 161, Magokdong-ro, Gangseo-gu, Seoul
○ Directions: Take Exit 2 of Magongnaru Station (Line 9) and walk approximately 1 km
○ Open Hours: 24 hours (Theme Garden: 09:00~18:00)
○ Closed: Every Monday (Open Forest, Lake Garden, Swamp Garden are open year round)
○ Inquiries: 82-2-2104-9711
○ Website: http://botanicpark.seoul.go.kr