Bureau and Corporate Funded Body
The Yeouido Floating Stage, located along the banks of the Hangang River, is now in full operation for May, which is designated as “National Family Month.” Starting at 7 p.m. every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, visitors are treated to an hour of beautiful harmonies at the Yeouido Floating Stage, so let’s all make plans for a cultural outing this week!
The “Refreshing Hangang Concerts” will be held at the Yeouido Floating Stage from 7 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, free of charge.
○ The Refreshing Hangang Concerts are free and open to the public. From May to October, the concerts will feature performances of various genres, including jazz, pop, and fusion Korean traditional music.
○ Situated on the Hangang River, the Yeouido Floating Stage is a unique performance venue, where the audience has the choice to sit directly in front of the stage or on the stone steps across from the stage and watch the performances.
○ In the event of light rain, the dome of the floating stage will be closed, and performances held indoors, although on a smaller scale. In the event of heavy rain, performances will be either canceled or delayed for safety reasons. Any changes to performance schedules will be announced on the website (http://hangang.seoul.go.kr) or SNS of the Hangang Project Headquarters.
□ The weekly schedule for the Refreshing Hangang Concerts, which will flood the park with the sounds of beautiful music, is as follows:
□ Wednesday Jazz Night: Every Wednesday, head on over to Hangang Park for romantic “Jazz Night” performances by musicians that are sure to charm you with their romantic jazz music. The performance schedule for May is: May 6 – Uncle Becks; May 13 – Lee Han-jin Band; May 20 – Yu Dong-in Quartet; and May 27 – La Isla Bonita.
□ Saturday Waterlight Concert: Every Saturday night, the Refreshing Hangang Concerts will showcase a variety of musical performances for families and friends to enjoy at Hangang Park. The performance schedule is as follows: May 9 – Vocal group Jang Deok-cheol; May 16 – Kim Su-jeong Band; May 23 – Singer-songwriter Shin Jeong-mok; and May 30 – Ilgyocha (Daily Range).
□ Sunday Traditional Korean Music Performance: Every Sunday, a traditional Korean music performance will be held at Yeouido Hangang Park, where talented artists will fill the stage with fusion Korean traditional music using a variety of musical instruments and rhythms. These artists are: May 10 – Areumdeuri; May 17 – The Narin; May 24 – Yeoubi; and May 31 – O’nda.
□ Directions to Yeouido Floating Stage: Get off at Yeouinaru Station on Subway Line 5, take Exit 2, and walk toward Mapodaegyo (Bridge). For drivers, parking spaces are available at the Hangang Park Parking Lot across from Yeouido Full Gospel Church.
(※ Parking fee: Parking fee must be paid on weekdays; free of charge on weekends and holidays)
□ All performances are free of charge.
‣ Official Website: http://www.floating-stage.com,
‣ Contact: 070-4310-0922 / 02-3780-079
‣ Yeouido Hangang Park: