Bureau and Corporate Funded Body
Mixed-use development of Yeongdong-daero underground complex (floor area ratio 159,000 ㎡), facilitating transfers between railways and buses.
• Mixed-use development: 1st to 4th basement floor extension 630 m × width 70 m × depth 28 m
• Integrated stations: 5th to 6th basement floor extension 165 m × width 70 m × depth 51 m
|Facility name||Location (basement floor)||Area (㎡)||Major features|
|Convenient facilities for citizens||1st floor||29,981||∙ Convenient facilities for citizens and for-profit facilities|
|City air terminal||1st to 2nd floor||18,354||∙ 1st floor check-in ∙ 2nd floor boarding of airport bus|
|Bus transfer center||2nd floor||6,009||∙ 90 service routes (current 47+future 43)|
|Parking lot||3rd floor||27,493||∙ Parking for 114 buses, 137 cars|
|Integrated stations||4th to 6th floor||77,412||∙ 4th floor: Wirye to Sinsa
∙ 5th floor: metropolitan railways
∙ 6th floor: metropolitan railways (KTX, GTX, etc.)
○ Through the linking of four metropolitan railways and city railways (light rail and subway), significantly improve the accessibility to major cities.
• Nationwide: Strengthen the accessibility of KTX (Dongtan, Samseong, and Uijeongbu), Airport Railroad and Subway line no. 9 to Incheon Airport and major cities around the country.
• Metropolitan area: Expand the metropolitan railways network, such as GTX A (KINTEX to Samseong Station), GTX C (Geumjeong to Uijeongbu), southern metropolitan express (Dangare to Jamsil), and others.
• Major centers in Seoul: light rail (connect Wirye to Sinsa. Subway line no. 2 to line no. 9, and others)
○ Establish a metropolitan complex transfer system for organic links of public transportation facilities
• Complete a metropolitan complex transfer system for transferring conveniently and rapidly to various transportation means, such as railways, buses, and airplanes.
○ Maximize the use of urban space by building solid facilities around the railway stations.
• Build an organic and integrated complex by connecting major facilities such as COEX, integrated stations, Hyundai Motors GBC, and Jamsil Sports Complex
• Reorganization of the environment for pedestrians and bikes, in order for railways passengers to use the major facilities easily.
Reference Land Area of Major Sections of International Exchange Complex
|TOTAL||1,992,394.8 ㎡||International Exchange Complex|
|Inside the District Unit Planning Areas||1,663,652.0 ㎡||-|
|Private land||Special Planning Districts||A||COEX land||190,386.3 ㎡||International Exchange Complex major functions area|
|North side||148,784.0 ㎡||MICE major facilities such as exhibitions and conventions|
|South side||41,602.3 ㎡||MICE supporting facilities such as commercial facilities/hotels|
|B||Hyundai Motors GBC||79,341.8 ㎡||International Exchange Complex major functions area
(exhibitions and conventions and supporting facilities)
|C||Seoul Medical Center land||31,543.9 ㎡||Expansion of MICE supporting facilities
(businesses/culture/accommodation, and the like)
|D||Old site for Korea Appraisal Board land||10,988.5 ㎡|
|Small-scale private land||E||North side of Bongeunsa-ro general residential area||60,366.2 ㎡||Mixed district of small lands and residential area
→ Expand city services facilities
(Maintain the city structure, encourage street revitalization by utilizing lower levels of buildings, etc.)
|F||West side of COEX general residential area||117,086.7 ㎡|
|G||North side of Teheran-ro general commercial area||38,610.8 ㎡||Concentration of business facilities
→ Strengthening the functions for attracting and supporting international affairs
|H||South side of Teheran-ro general commercial/residential area||203,232.5 ㎡|
|I||East side of old KEPCO land general residential area||107,752.7㎡||Large-scale development of community facilities-related businesses
→ Improve the street environment and expand the supporting functions for mid-scale facilities (businesses/commercial/culture, etc.)
|Public land||J||Yeongdong-daero||45,449.1㎡||Complex transfer system|
|K||Rivers (Tancheon Stream)||184,705.0㎡||Build an open waterfront space for citizens|
|L||Jamsil Sports Complex||414,205.0㎡||Space mainly for sports and entertainment|
|*etc.||Roads, Gangnam Fire Station, etc.||179,983.5㎡||-|
|Outside the District Unit Planning Areas||328,742.8㎡||-|
|Public land.||M||Rivers (Hangang River/ Tancheon Stream)||328,742.8㎡||Build an open waterfront space for citizens
(such as expansion of Jamsil Sports Complex)