Bureau and Corporate Funded Body
○ Establish the world’s only MICE Complex by building leisure spaces, sport facilities, and cultural spaces at the center of the city around the Hangang River and Tancheon Stream.
○ Develop a sustainable urban development model to create environmentally-friendly and transit-oriented infrastructure.
○ Accomplish public-private cooperation by combining support from the public sector and ideas from the private sector.
○ Improve Jamsil Sports Complex (414,205 ㎡) and its support facilities
• Main stadium, auxiliary stadium, indoor sports complex (indoor gymnasium, swimming pool), baseball park
○ Build large-scale exhibition and convention facilities, and expand related infrastructure (commercial and cultural facilities)
○ Establish a plan to utilize the surrounding area and waterside areas (513,447 ㎡) by moving Olympic-daero, Tancheondong-ro, and Tancheonseo-ro underground.
○ Upgrade dilapidated sport facilities, and combine cultural and commercial functions to build an urban sports complex.
• Main Stadium: Preserve the circular stadium (location, central design), a symbolism of the 1988 Olympics, and modernize the stadium for international games.
- Utilize the seating capacity of 60,000 by combining sports with additional facilities to create synergy, and enhance the usability in general.
• Auxiliary Stadium: Utilize the stadium as a multi-use stadium, as a track and field training facility, a public sports facility, and as a soccer stadium.
- With a seating capacity of 2,000, place it adjoining the main stadium.
• Sports Complex: Transform into a complex for sports and culture, with concert and entertainment facilities.
- A complex featuring an indoor gymnasium, swimming pool, and concert hall (hosting professional basketball games), with a seating capacity of 11,000
• Baseball Park: Build in a location offering views of the Hangang River, design for optimal game-viewing experiences, games, and expand convenient facilities for players and audience.
- Featuring a seating capacity of 35,000 and for-profit facilities, including retail.
○ Build a hub of international business exchange, leading global competitiveness by building a MICE cluster and creating Seoul exhibition brands.
• Exhibition and Convention: Capitalize on the locational advantage of the center of the city, establish a cluster by linking similar facilities nearby, connect to the global network, and create Seoul exhibition brands.
- Build large-scale facilities (around 100,000 ㎡) dedicated to exhibitions and conventions in the center of the city.
• Functions: Build accommodations such as luxury business hotels and youth hostels, and establish for-profit facilities (190,000 ㎡) differentiated from local commercial areas on the basis of pedestrian walkways.
- MICE linked businesses such as duty free shops and sports category killers are recommended.
• Program: Establish creative facilities and programs suitable for the characteristics of a MICE Complex and amplify synergy with each facility.
○ Make tourist attractions by building facilities for leisure and rest at the center of the city, including places to walk and ecological bases.
• Moving roads underground: Move Olympic-daero, Tancheondong-ro, and Tancheonseo-ro underground in order to integrate and use the waterside areas.
• The waterside areas: The waterside areas around the Hangang River can be used for a multi-purpose location featuring performances, swimming, picnicking, and camping, and Tancheon Stream can serve as a rest area allowing for daily leisure at the center of the city.
• Pedestrian walkways: Build pedestrian walkways encompassing COEX, Hyundai Motors GBC, Tancheon Stream, Jamsil Sports Complex, and the Hangang River
- Build a symbolic Tancheon Walkway that integrates buildings into a bridge, and use it as a base for cultural tourism.
• Ecological bases: Preserve and nurture the channel junction of the Hangang River and Tancheon Stream, where various ecosystems exist, as an ecological base.
○ Develop a sustainable urban development plan, with the goal of creating transit-oriented and environment-friendly infrastructure.
• Expand five service routes, including metropolitan railways, and establish a public transportation system that is directly connected to the international airports.
• Consider the ecology and pedestrian walkways environment, and pursue “LEED-ND” certification.
※ LEED-ND: Leadership in Energy and environmental Design – Neighborhood Development
○ Conduct the construction successfully using public infrastructure investment and ideas from the private sector.
• Carry out construction of infrastructure with high public interest using public expenditures.
• Provide minimum guidelines to allow the private sector to freely propose projects for all sites, including public projects.
○ Develop by stages beginning in 2019 considering the continuity of sporting events.
First stage [2019~2021]
∙ Relocation of Student Gymnasium, demolition of swimming pool
∙ Construction of exhibition/convention facility ①
∙ Construction of the indoor sports complex
∙ Construction of leased facility of hotels and for-profit facilities
∙ Maintenance of the Hangang River and Tancheon riverside
Second stage [2019~2023]
∙ After National Sports Festival (in 2019), demolition of indoor gymnasium and auxiliary stadium
∙ Renovation of the main stadium
∙ Relocation and construction of the auxiliary stadium
∙ Construction of the youth hostel
∙ Construction of the marina and related for-profit leased facilities
Third stage [2020~2025]
∙ Moving Olympic-daero underground and demolition of the baseball park
∙ Relocation and construction of the baseball park
∙ Construction of exhibition/convention facility ②