Bureau and Corporate Funded Body
• Location: 512, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu (Samseong-dong 167)
• Land area: 79,341.8 ㎡
• Urban Planning Alteration: 3rd Class Residential District → General Commercial District
• Construction plan : 105 stories aboveground (553 m) and 6 underground
- Floor-area ratio 48.54%, Floor area ratio 799.13%
- Building areas: 35,992 ㎡ / Total floor area: 928,887 ㎡
- Use: Office space, accommodation, shopping center, cultural activity facilities (such as exhibitions and conventions)
- Number of parking spaces: 3,523
○ Build a new landmark in Seoul where people around the world can communicate and share with citizens of the city.
• Build facilities (928,000 ㎡) suitable for international affairs (Hyundai Motors GBC), exhibitions and conventions, a concert hall, and a hotel.
• Areas dedicated for exhibitions and conventions of 16,500 ㎡, hotel with 265 rooms, concert hall with 2,400 seats
① Integrated company building (Tower) (560,611㎡)
“Business facilities capable of concentrated work and effective communications, and cooperation, and the source of the future competitiveness of a group”
② Exhibition/convention (50,251㎡)
“Seoul’s first international convention facilities and the internationally renowned MICE facilities”
③ Concert halls (29,850㎡)
“Cultural space loved by Seoul citizens, cultural pride of Seoul citizens”
④ Hotel (57,496㎡)
“Hotels for warmly welcoming global business visitors, national guests, and distinguished guests”
⑤ Business facilities (137,821㎡)
“Superlative offices for international agencies preparing the future of Seoul”
⑥ Sales facility (86,818㎡)
“Sales facility for conveniences of residents and symbiotic commercial relationship”
○ Create a MICE cluster of international affairs, linked with areas encompassing COEX, Hyundai Motors GBC, and Jamsil Sports Complex.
○ Build an open place where citizens can freely walk about by placing buildings in harmony with lanes in between streets and the existing city structure.
• Revitalize the streets of the entire site using public pedestrian walkways.
• Build tourist attractions drawing many citizens and tourists, such as a high-rise observatory.
○ Present the future construction vision of environment-friendly high-rise buildings through self-supporting and environment-friendly plans.
• Renewable energy supply ratio of more than 20%
• Achieve the global standard higher than the gold LEED certification.
• Biotope area rate of more than 35%
• Use district: 2nd Class Residential District (seventh floor) → Semi-residential District
• Floor area ratio: Less than 400%
• Encourage the introduction of facilities for international affairs and specialized exhibition facilities, and revitalize streets by utilizing lower levels of buildings around the Tancheon riverside.
• Use district: 3rd Class Residential District → Semi-residential District
• Floor area ratio: Less than 400%
• Encourage the introduction of facilities for international affairs and accommodation, and revitalize streets by utilizing lower levels of buildings around the Tancheon riverside.
○ Link with areas encompassing Hyundai Motors GBC, Tancheon Stream, and Jamsil Sports Complex, and expand the supporting functions for international affairs and MICE.
• Encourage the introduction of facilities for international affairs and specialized exhibition facilities.
|CITY SERVICE ZONE||North side of Bongeunsa-ro general residential area||60,366.2 ㎡||Mixed district of small lands and residential area
→ Expand city services facilities
(Maintain the city structure, street revitalization by utilizing lower levels of buildings, etc.)
|West side of COEX general residential area||117,086.7 ㎡|
|BUSINESS COMPLEX ZONE||North side of Teheran-ro general commercial area||38,610.8 ㎡||Concentrated business facilities
→ Strengthening the functions for attracting and supporting international affairs
|South side of Teheran-ro general commercial/residential area||203,232.5 ㎡|
|East side of old KEPCO general residential area||107,752.7 ㎡||Large-scale development of community facilities-related businesses
→ Improve the street environment and expand the supporting functions for mid-scale facilities
○ Encourage the accumulation of business functions, and expand the MICE supporting functions.
• Manage the business complex and city service areas separately, in consideration of the link between the location and the surrounding areas.
• Provide incentives to the floor area ratio and height standards when introducing the MICE supporting functions.
○ Prepare measures to encourage voluntary large-scale development, considering the rising pressure of development.
• Develop autonomously within the maximum development scale in consideration of the surrounding urban areas and communities.
• Propose measures to upgrade the use districts linked with the infrastructure (reorganization of the household units).
○ Regional activation through pedestrian environment improvement
• Propose measures to secure the public pedestrian walkways to make pedestrian walkways in the construction region.
• Revitalize streets by utilizing lower levels of buildings, and improve the street environment through measures such as limits on the width of first floor shops.