Bureau and Corporate Funded Body
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will establish infrastructure such as the 50+ Foundation and Campuses in order to assist the 50+ Generation and provide related programs.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will establish an assistance infrastructure to develop and implement policies supporting the 50+ Generation.
The 50+ Foundation is a think tank driving the 50+ Renaissance Project. It plays a central role as a network developing policies and contents related to the middle-aged and elderly and connecting various resources.
50+ Think Tank
Research of policies and development of programs of 50+ Renaissance Project
• Research and development
• Development and distribution of the contents
• Researching examples in other countries
• Establishment of 50+ Archive
50+ Network Hub
Establishment of a borderless sharing and cooperation network
• Supporting 50+ communities
• Establishment of partnership by field
• Training professional manpower
• 50+ conferences
50+ New Culture Distribution
Creation and distribution of a new culture for 50+ Generation
• Creation and distribution of a new culture for 50+ Generation
• 50+ Awards
• Public information campaign
• Brand management
• Promotion of 50+Project
The concept of a 50+ Campus is a wide area platform that supports project planning and promotion of 50+ Centers. 50+ Campuses will be set up in six regions in Seoul according to the characteristics of the regions. The Campuses will be opened gradually with two campuses opening each year. All Campuses will be open and in operation by 2018.
• Education for life redesign
• Career-changing education
• Social contribution academy
• Alumni association and other follow-up management
Job creation and support for business start-ups
• Job counseling and information
• Assistance for business start-ups and job creation
• Development of professional skills and knowledge
• Running shared offices
Support for Social Participation
• Sharing talents
• Assistance for volunteering activity
• Campaigns and other related activities
Support for Daily Life
• Health care assistance
• Leisure activities assistance
• Cultural and artistic activities assistance
• Communities assistance
|2016||• The northwest (Open in March, 2016)
Generation integration and public jobs
• City Center (Open in October, 2016 )
Business start-up, job creation and media
|2017||• The southwest (Open in July, 2017)
Connecting towns and universities
• The southeast (Open in July, 2017)
50+ Social Ventures and Connecting with businesses
|2018||• The northeast (Open in December, 2018)
Business start-ups in the culture industry and training
• Gwangjin-gu (Open in December, 2018)
Connecting universities and small and medium-sized businesses
50+ Centers are smaller-scale facilities than 50+ Campuses and are closely linked with each region. 50+ Centers will be used for spaces of activities for the 50+ Generation. 50+ Centers will run regular education courses, such as life design academies or social contribution academies. The students who finish the courses can become instructors through the Open School Program or are given opportunities to teach lectures voluntarily. They also can participate in follow-up programs such as exhibitions and volunteering activities based on the skills learned and their talents. 50+ Centers will be set up in each autonomous district and expanded gradually. A total of 19 centers will be operated by 2020.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will expand educational opportunities and carry out customized consulting services for individuals in order to help the 50+ Generation design their second lives after retirement.
In 50+ Life Schools, the students of 50+ Generation can contemplate what changes after the age of 50, such as work, money, relationships, and health, and formulate their new life visions accordingly.
50+ Customized Intensive Course offers Support for Daily Life counseling, allowing the citizens to explore their own needs and areas of interest, and provides customized educational programs for intensive learning according to the counseling results. Each program will offer jobs according to their interest in connection with expertise, research, local communities, and social contribution work programs. When six 50+ Campuses are established by 2020, 1,200 courses will be opened every year and 48,000 people can receive educational assistance.
For those who have difficulties in planning their life after retirement, 50+ Generation individuals with expertise will directly visit them to help resolve their concerns and plan their later years. To do so, professional consultants will visit 50+ Centers and Lifelong Learning Centers around Seoul and carry out counseling services.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will create socially contributing jobs (Encore careers*), which can address social problems based on the rich knowledge and experiences of the middle-aged and elderly.
* Encore career: A job that allows individuals to achieve, to contribute socially, and to balance work and life. The concept was firstly defined by Marc Freedman, a US sociologist.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will operate Jobs in the public sector for the 50+ Generation to meet the new demands for welfare and to solve social problems among generations or towns and the like through their knowledge and experiences. The services will be provided in various forms to connect with social welfare and mentoring services, and settle regional problems. It is expected to create 12,000 jobs over five years.
• Senior community center coordinator
• Senior jobs coordinator
Generation integration mentoring type
• Sharing Education Professional
• Career counseling expert
• Life safety instructor
Regional problem solving type
• Safety protector of the community
• Trouble-shooter of the community
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will use the experiences and network of retirees from the professions through the Encore Fellowship to reinforce the capacity of the social enterprises and non-profit organizations. The Encore Fellowship is already being implemented successfully in global companies. The Seoul Metropolitan Government will develop and implement Seoul’s Encore Fellowship in consideration of Seoul’s specific circumstances and environment.
* Encore Fellowship: Members of the 50+ Generation who are expected to retire from a job in a leading company will provide consulting services in specialized areas such as IT, accounting and finances to social enterprises and non-profit organizations, after job-changing education. This is a mutually beneficial policy that cannot only reinforce the capacity of the companies/organizations receiving the consulting services, but also create jobs for retirees of the 50+ Generation.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will create private jobs where Seoul and the 50+ Generation can mutually benefit through 50+ Co-existing Private Jobs. To do so, private jobs can be divided into Seoul tourism, farming, and small and medium-sized businesses, and various jobs will be offered in each division.
• Urban accommodation cooperative association
• Tourism interpretation guide
• Cultural tourism commentator
• Local food manager
• Back to the farm academy
• Urban – rural cooperation project
Small and Medium-sized Businesses
• Divided by careers and occupational category
• Building job cooperative association
• Manpower dispatching to small and medium-sized businesses
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will support the building of social enterprises for the middle-aged and elderly, develop customized technology education courses, and create new jobs.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will support the building of social enterprises suitable for the middle-aged and elderly in connection with cooperative association assistance centers and Joyful Union programs. To do so, the Seoul Metropolitan Government will provide basic procedures of social enterprises, as well as presentations and customized consulting services.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will provide incubating places such as open-type shared spaces and offices as well as expert coaching for 50+ Generation individuals who plan to start businesses and create jobs. It is expected that 50 incubating places will be built in 50+ Campuses by 2020.
Seoul Metropolitan Government will offer customized education to the 50+ Generation in link with the Seoul Institute of Technology and Education (Operating programs for popular certificates, such as Seoul energy planner and career counselor) and the Seoul Business Agency(New career capacity school (i.e. experts in hotel room management).
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will support the 50+ Generation so that they can enjoy cultural life through cultural and artistic activities and community activities. In addition, to establish a business start-up infrastructure for young people, it will implement programs that integrate different generations, such as the “Mentor Group for Youth”, in which retirees from professional jobs pass their knowledge and experiences on to young start-ups, and the “2025 Joint Business Start-up Competition”, in which members of the 50+ Generation invest in start-up ideas of young people.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will develop Seoul’s own U3A to support cultural and artistic activities and leisure for the 50+ Generation. To do so, the Seoul Metropolitan Government will directly plan and run more than half of the center’s education programs through 50+ Campuses. In addition, it will offer cultural programs with the help of retired cultural artists and unknown professionals.
* U3A: An acronym for ‘University of the 3rd Age’, meaning universities for retired senior citizens. Retirees can share their knowledge with others or learn about new areas from other people.
In addition, it will carry out “Hidden 50+ Projects” to discover content for active cultural and artistic activities of the 50+ Generation. Through the Hidden 50+ Projects, it will support community activities, research, and content-generating activities.
• Assistance of 50+ community small groups, club, and alumni associations
• Assistance of directly chosen research projects
• Assistance of research reports and research fund
• Covering activities of 50+ press corps and smart video writer
• Creation of various contents
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will discover role models where citizens of the 50+ Generation and the youth can co-exist through networks at home and abroad.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will link young citizens preparing a new business with the 50+ Generation who are retired from their professions. Through the program, the Seoul Metropolitan Government will develop a model where both elder and younger generations can learn together and create new jobs.
• Operating the Mentor Group for Youth: Matching university business start-up clubs with retirees from professional jobs
• Holding the 2025 Joint Business Start-up Competition, in which production and investment into ideas of young people and the 50+ Generation can be made (December).
• Developing 2050 Share House models
Exchanges among activists at home and abroad
• 50+ Partner’s day (Once a month)
• Pro Bono Priming Forum (October)
Sharing 50+ Trends abroad
• 50+ Consecutive Forum (June, September, and October)
• 50+ International Conference (November)
Distribution of 50+ Role Model
• 50+ Awards
• 50+ Public Campaign
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will build a support system that can connect, integrate, and manage various areas in a life such as finance, work, learning, culture, family, and others based on the 50+ Foundation, and offer various and close support to the 50+ Generation.