Information as of 21 Feb, 2017
We shall promote an ‘economy of hope’ to enable young people to achieve self-realization.
1. Foster creative professional young people to strengthen the economic foundations of the future
Creative professional young people <No. of people>
- Promote industry-university cooperation, foster talent systematically -Creation academy, campus, CEO, etc.
- Link to universities and research institutes in Northeast Asia, create a hub of mobile industries -Universities in Northeast Asia, KIST, Seongsu IT Zone, etc.
- Foster smartphone application specialists with civil-governmental cooperation
- Develop historical and cultural content products, foster creative specialists
2. Explore and foster Seoul-style futuristic innovative jobs
Explore ideas→Support commercialization →Link to programs→Support inter-industry collaboration
- Establish a hub center for youth employment – Explore ideas for jobs and support commercialization
3. Support young people’s business incubation systematically
Enterprises created by young people <No. of enterprises>
- Stage of business incubation – Select and support potential young entrepreneurs who have with fresh ideas
- Stage of market entry – Develop joint brands, and strengthen enterprises’ marketing and viability
- Stage of growth – Expand number of sales channels and operate revival programs for failed enterprises in a bid to support viable enterprises
We shall create good jobs based on sharing and collaboration.
1. Support the creation of good, sustainable jobs
- Procure a social investment fund of 300 billion KRW (public sector: 150 billion KRW, citizens’ small investment: 150 billion KRW) – Support funds for social enterprises, village enterprises, and youth venture enterprises
- Manage Seoul,style microcredit of 20 billion – Provide small financial service without guarantee to self-employed people merely earning their livelihoods and jobless people
- Adopt employment subsidies and an employment encouragement fund for urban manufacturers (staff of under ten people)
2. Prepare viable growth foundations for village enterprises and social enterprises
Village enterprises <No. of enterprises>
- Foster civil organizations for the creation of community foundations ► Activate village enterprises
- Operate development centers for social enterprises ► Provide support tailored to each stage of growth
3. Improve labor conditions to establish a social culture in which labor is respected Worker
- Convert part-time jobs into full-time jobs in the public sector: Devise measures in 2012 – Private sector: Offer guidelines for standard agreement and incentives to improve the employment structure
- Expand the rights protection program for marginalized workers – 25 labor welfare centers, 75 civil labor ombudsmen