Child Care Support Facilities
Community Troubleshooter of Childcare Problems “The leader of community childcare"
- Provides information to help parents find a child care center for their child, provides simple nurturing consultation, find places in the community to go on outings, fosters childcare community within the community, and provides information on hospitals and public services, etc.
- Provides the location-based childcare SNS Daum Happy Mom Service to promote the exchange of useful information among mothers in the community.
- Contact : Dasan Call Center at 120
“Seoul Children’s Museum,“ a composite play and experiencing facility where children can learn while playing
The “Seoul Children’s Museum,” the first composite cultural space in Seoul exclusive for children, will hold special experiential educational programs throughout 2014 with interesting topics for each age group per season.
Regular programs include “Toddler Play School,” “Kids Cooking School,” and “Imagination Art School.”
- “Toddler Play School” is a program for toddlers aged 20 ~6 months and is geared toward the development of physical, linguistic, artistic, perceptive, and musical abilities of babies. Interesting play activities will be done together with parents for 50 minutes a week, with different topics every week.
- A new topic is selected per term at the “Kids Cooking School,” which is for children aged 5 ~ 7 years old. Following the “festivals and fairytales of the world” selected in 2013, the topic selected in 2014 is “good movies.” The program will foster sensory development, verbal expression ability, and creativity.
- “Imagination Art School” is for 1st and 2nd grade elementary students and is held during vacation, once a week, for 90 minutes per class. Children will personally experience various art genres with drawing, performance, and activities combined with music and be able to improve their imagination and creativity while learning new methods of self-expression.
- Location :216 Neungdong-ro, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul
- Tel: +82-2-6450-9500
Seoul Children’s Museum
- Dispatch child care givers to families who want 1:1 childcare service
- Provides all-day and part-time childcare by experienced middle-aged caregivers and trained student caregivers
- Service Application: Apply for fee support at the community center in your district of residence in relation to services from the local Health and Family Support Center
The “Dadungi Happy Card” provides various benefits to families with at least two children
- Eligibility Families with 2 children or more, living in Seoul (youngest child must be under 13 years of age)
- Major benefits: 5-30% discount on childcare necessities, 10-30% discount at culture/play facilities, 30-50% discount on eating-out, 30-50% discount on gas and Seoul Metropolitan Government-operated parking lots, 30-50% discount on the admission fees at Hangang Park, and free admission to Seoul Sangsang Nara for families with at least three children
- Application for Card Issuance: apply via Woori Bank, community centers, or the Dadungi Happy Card Homepage www.i.seoul.go.kr