□ Seoul Metropolitan Government continues to implement the 2013 Turn Urban Project which is designed to use small pieces of land left idle as in last year. This year’s mission is to collect ideas for small pieces of land. Submittals will be received by August 28.
□ The Take Urban Project is a project designed to turn small pieces of land into major space. Findings will be received via homepage, postal mail, email, or in person no later than August 28.
- Homepage: http://wow.seoul.go.kr
- Address: Landscape Division, 1-dong Seosomun Annex Bldg., Deoksugung-gil 15, Jung-gu, Seoul (postal code: 100-739)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- In-person submittal: Seoul City Hall (Landscape Division) and Autonomous District Offices (Park & Landscape Division/Green City Division)
□ Application may be submitted for small pieces of land that can be turned into useful space with some refurbishment and is located near a residential area or a commercial arcade left unused, or whose redevelopment plan has been canceled.
- For privately owned land, the landowner’s consent should be obtained.
□ Interesting stories about such small pieces of land will be searched. Diverse attempts will be made, including installation of artworks or formation of landscaping space.
※ The final decision will be made by the Judging Committee in September. People whose ideas are selected will receive a prize.
2012 Take Urban in 72 Hours – photos of installed work pieces
?? Sleepless Fri, Sat, Sun team (Underground corridor, Gyeongbokgung Station, Subway Line 3) – Grand Prize winner
?? The Design Community team (Entrance to Hanok Village, Namsan)