• Gathering of family members for normal family life
- – When immediate family* gathers.
* Immediate family refers to lineal ascendants and descendants.
- – When it is necessary to care for children, the elderly, the handicapped, etc.
- – When family and acquaintances gather because someone is about to pass away.
• Weddings and funerals
- – Up to 99 persons are allowed to gather at weddings and funerals in the Seoul capital area according to the rules of meetings and events for each level of social distancing; 1 person per 4 m2 allowed in non-capital areas.
• Events* and various exams*
- – Up to 99 persons are allowed to gather for events, such as briefing sessions and public hearings, in the Seoul capital area according to the rules of meetings and events for each level of social distancing; up to 499 persons allowed in non-capital areas.
- – Up to 99 persons are allowed to gather for exams in a seperate space (e.g. classroom) in the Seoul metropolitan area according to the rules of meetings and events for each level of social distancing; up to 499 persons allowed in non-capital areas (must be reported and consulted upon with the local government if the number exceeds 500).
Briefing sessions, public hearings, conferences, ceremonies, retreats, festivals, large-scale concerts, signing events, lectures, trainings, competitions, workshops, etc. (various exams) employment exams, certificate exams, etc.
※ The number of visitors must be limited according to the area (1 person per 4 m2 across the nation) for exhibitions, fairs, and international conferences and the rules for meetings and events don’t apply to them.
• Public or private essential management activities
- – For essential meetings and events for public affairs of administrative/public institutions and management activities of private companies that are based on laws, etc., invite more than a certain number of people, and are impossible to cancel or postpone because there is a deadline, the measure of prohibiting private meetings of 5 persons or more and the limitation of visitors of meetings and events following each level of social distancing (up to 99 persons in the Seoul metropolitan area and 499 in non-capital areas) are not applied.
* E.g. General meeting of stokeholders in a company, meeting of the National Assembly for management of budget and bill processing, broadcasting, etc.
• When using sports facilities that are managed by facility managers
- – Sports facilities not applicable as targets, while unavoidably requiring gatherings of 5 persons or more as per the characteristics of the type of sports.
- – However, post-game meals are regarded as private meetings, so only 4 persons or fewer can gather for meals.
• Pre-wedding fiancé/fiancée family meetings
• Infants and children of 6 years of age or younger
- – Exemption is made for infants and children of 6* or younger as they always need guardian protection.
* children of 6 years of age or younger who do not attend school according to Article 2 of the Child Care Act.
• Exceptions can be made for up to 8 persons for immediate families, pre-wedding fiancé/fiancée family meetings, and infants, while limitation is made for gatherings of excessive number of people.
• First-birthday party businesses
- – Exemptions can be made for management rights of first-birthday party businesses of which the management has been restricted for the prohibition of the gathering of 5 persons or more.
* Exemption is made only for those with a manager who take the charge of overall control of disinfection. The allowed number of visitors is determined following the level of social distancing, like that of weddings and funerals, on condition of following the disease control and prevention rules.