In March 2017, the Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG) will host a blog posting and photo contest for Seoullo 7017 featuring photos and writings on the Seoul Station overpass and the surrounding area.
The ‘Seoullo 7017 Photo Contest’ will be accepting photos of Seoul Station or Seoul Station overpass as well as candid shots portraying the lives of the people in the Seoul Station area. The ‘Seoullo 7017 Blog Post Contest’ will be accepting applications of postings that discuss one’s memories on and experiences with the Seoul Station overpass and the surrounding areas.
Winners will be announced in April 2017 on the contest website and selected postings and photos will be utilized as promotional materials or listed on the ‘Seoullo 7017 White Book’ and displayed in the photo exhibition.
Details of the ‘Seoullo 7017 Photo and Blog Posting Contest’ can be found on the contest website (http://www.seoullocontest.com).
The SMG plans to heighten interest in the Seoullo 7017 Project through a number of contests for Seoulites and residents near Seoul Station, including “7017 Canvas,” “Seoul Station Area Urban Regeneration Resident Contest,” and “Seoullo Souvenir Contest.”
Seoullo 7017 Photo Contest
- 1. Overview
- ○ Contest Name: Seoullo 7017 Photo Contest
- ○ Target
- ▶ Photos depicting the lives of residents in the Seoul Station area
- ▶ Photos featuring the Seoul Station overpass
- ▶ Personally owned old photos of the Seoul Station or the Seoul Station overpass
- ○ Qualifications: None
- ○ Contest Entry Period: 2017. 3. 2 (Thurs) – 3. 31 (Fri)
- ○ Type of Photo: Photo taken with a digital camera (Scanned file for old photos)
- ○ Submission Limit: 3 photos/person
- ○ Size: Recommended to be 3,000×2,000 Pixels or larger and in JPG format
- ○ How to Apply: Contest website (www.seoullocontest.com)
- Please submit an application along with up to three photos.
- 2. Restrictions
- ▶ Works that have won in another contest or is similar to an award-winning photo will not qualify for consideration.
(If the work has already received an award, it shall be disqualified.)
- ▶ No work shall be a computer graphics image or photoshopped.
- ▶ The copyright for winning works belong to the creator. Winning works, however, can be used and distributed free of charge to promote public interest (includes making improvements or changes to the design).
- ▶ If there is no suitable winning work after the judging process, the number of awards may be adjusted.
- ▶ Winners shall submit the original file of their winning work.
- 3. Judging Schedule & Announcement of Winners
※ The schedule of the contest is subject to change. Changes will be announced on the Contest Website.
※ Contact the Seoullo 7017 Photo Contest Secretariat (070-4610-6447 / 070-4610-6442) for further inquiries.
March 2, 2017
Mayor of Seoul
“Rebirth of an Overpass, a Very Special Spring Celebration”
Guide to the Seoullo 7017 Blog Posting Contest
- 1. Overview
- ○ Contest Name: Seoullo 7017 Blog Posting Contest
- ○ Objective
‘Seoullo 7017’ is the new name for the Seoul Station overpass being renovated into a walkway. Automobile roads that people merely passed by in cars will be transformed into a passenger road where Seoulites can walk on, remain in, and thoroughly enjoy. Share your blog postings that describe Seoullo and the hidden attractions in the surrounding area.
- ○ Contest Entry Period: March 6, 2017 (Mon) – April 6, 2017 (Thurs)
- ○ Target: Any Korean national who operates a blog
- ▷ Each person can submit up to three postings (Each person will only be eligible for one prize.)
- ○ How to Apply: Apply on the event page of the contest website. (www.seoullocontest.com)
- ○ Description: Upload a post on your blog featuring Seoullo 7017 or attractions near Seoullo 7017 (e.g. Namdaemun Presbyterian Church,
Yakhyun Catholic Church, Son Kee Chung Sports Park, Namdaemun Market, Seoul Station, or any other place near Seoullo)
- ▷ Include [Seoullo 7017 Blog Contest] at the beginning of the post title
- ▷ Include at least 7 photos (Recommended resolution: 2,048 * 1,152 pixels)
- ▷ Set your posting as Open to All, Allow Comments and Likes, and Allow Search.
- 2. Judging Schedule & Announcement of Winners
- ○ Judging Method: A judging committee will be formed for the Blog Posting Contest.
- ○ Announcement of Winners Date: Scheduled for April 2017
- ▷ Winners will be announced on the contest website and the SMG website
- ○ Awards: The prize money will be distributed to 15 winners in different prize amounts according to the award category.
Judging Schedule & Announcement of Winners Awards
||No. of Winners
||KRW 7.1 Million
||KRW 1.5 Million
||KRW 1 Million
- ▷ The money will be deposited to the winner’s personal bank account.
- ▷ The number of winners is subject to change according to the quality and judging result of the works.
- 3. Note
- ○ All submitted works shall be original creations by the applicant submitted between March 6 and April 6 of 2017.
- ○ The submitted work shall be the original creation of the applicant. Submitted postings that include content that has already been distributed or has an intention for advertising or other commercial purposes shall not qualify for consideration.
- ○ The legal responsibility concerning the intellectual property rights or portrait rights of any of the sound sources, videos, photos, or images applied to the submitted works shall lie with the applicant and any work that infringes upon any legal rights shall not qualify for consideration.
- ○ Judging and evaluation shall be carried out by judges who have been selected by the SMG and the scores shall not be disclosed.
- ○ The secretariat may request winners to submit their original file of their work and the winners will be obligated to do so.
- ○ Submitted works and related documents shall not be returned and submitted works may be used as PR material for Seoullo 7017 in the future.
- ○ If there is no suitable winning work after the judging process, the number of awards may be adjusted.
- 4. Inquiries
Seoullo 7017 Blog Posting Contest Secretariat (070-4610-6447, 070-4610-6442)