Every year, a festival to enjoy Korea’s springtime customs is held at Namsangol Hanok Village. The purpose is to celebrate the onset of spring, one of the 24 seasonal divisions. On February 4, 2018, an event called The Onset of Spring, a Pleasant Start was held. On this day, a variety of Korean traditional culture programs were carried out, including street percussion performances, the custom where messages written in Chinese characters are attached to pillars to wish for good fortune in the spring, free seasonal food tasting, free seasonal message distribution, writing of wish papers, etc.
○ Location: Namsangol Hanok Village
○ Address: 28, Toegye-ro 34-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
○ Transportation: Exit 3 or 4 of Chungmuro Station (Lines 3 and 4)
○ Inquiries: 82-2-2261-0517
○ Website : http://www.hanokmaeul.or.kr