Research revealed that a total of 68.62 million people visited Hangang Parks in 2013, with people visiting the parks 6.6 times per person, on average, during the year.
Yeouido Park was the most popular with 29.64 million visitors. And April was the peak month with 14.44 million people visiting the parks at that time.
♣ 68.62 million visitors to Hangang Parks in 2013, with an average of each Seoul citizen visiting 6.6 times during the year
- The number of Hangang Park users in 2013 was 1.8 times more than that in 2009 (38.83 million). On average, each Seoul citizen visited Hangang Parks 6.6 times per year. The number of visitors has grown rapidly since the completion of the “Specialization Project of Hangang Parks” in 2009.
• Source: Seoul Metropolitan Hangang Project Headquarters / Number of Hangang Park Users (by year)
♣ Yeouido Park, Most Visited with 29.64 Million Users
- Among the 11 Hangang Parks, Yeouido Hangang Park was the most visited (29.64 million users), followed by Ttukseom (14.94 million), and Nanji (5.22 million).
- The number of visitors to Yeouido, Ttukseom, and Nanji Parks accounted for 43.8%, 20.1%, and 40.9%, respectively, of all Hangang Parks visitors.
- * Specialized Parks: Parks installed with Stairs to Heaven, Cascade Plaza, Rose Garden, and Musical Fountains. As of 2013, completed parks include Yeouido, Ttukseom, and Nanji Parks.
- 1. Gangseo, 1.55 million users
- 2. Nanji, 5.22 million users
- 3. Mangwon, 2.52 million users
- 4. Yanghwa, 2.46 million users
- 5. Yeouido, 29.46 million users
- 6. Ichon, 3.43 million users
- 7. Banpo, 2.23 million users
- 8. Jamwon, 2.30 million users
- 9. Ttukseom, 14.94 million users
- 10. Jamsil, 2.77 million users
- 11. Gwangnaru, 1.55 million users
♣ April, Peak Month with 14.44 Million Users (21.0%)
- By month, April was the peak month with 14.44 million users (21.0%), followed by October with 8.37 million (12.2%), August with 7.32 million (10.7%), and June with 6.52 million (9.5%).
Chart 3. Number of Hangang Park Users by Month in 2013 (Unit: 10,000 people, %)
|Number of Hangang Park Users by Month in 2013|
• Source ：Seoul Metropolitan Hangang Project Headquarters (http://hangang.seoul.go.kr)