Two international airports Gimpo and Incheon are easily accessible from Seoul. Limousine buses, subways, and airport railways are available for getting to the airports.
- Incheon International Airport meets an airport transport demand from the metropolitan area and plays a role as an airport hub in Northeast Asia in the 21st century.
- The construction of the airport began in 1992 by landfilling islands between Youngjongdo and Yongyudo. The airport was opened on March 29, 2001
- The Passenger Terminal is equipped with 270 check-in counters, 120 passport control desks, and 28 security checkpoints. The airport’s passenger processing capacity is 6,400 people per hour.
- The Cargo Terminal is equipped with facilities that can accommodate 24 airplanes at once, and has an annual cargo processing capacity of 4.5 million tons.
- The apron area is 109,0909.05 m2, and can accommodate 40 airplanes at once