Information as of 21 Feb, 2017
Taxis are a convenient way to get to your destination. To help with communication, Seoul Metropolitan Government operates foreigner-dedicated taxis and provides interpretation services.
International Taxi services basically require a prior reservation via telephone (+82-2-1644-2255) and website.
Call +82-2-1644-2255 for English/Japanese consultations, which are available all year round 24 hours a day 365 days a year
A direct reservation is possible via the homepage for International Taxis
Immediate use of the taxi is available even without a prior reservation if there is a taxi that is standing by.
Consultation and reception of reservation
- Tel :+82-1644-2255
- Fax :+82-2-2043-1578
- E-mail :firstname.lastname@example.org
Seoul International Taxi
The benefits of using an international taxi
- The hiring and educating of taxi drivers and call center operations are supervised by the Seoul Metropolitan Government. Taxi drivers have certifications in foreign language proficiency.
- The information desk and boarding area that are exclusively for International Taxi users are located at the Incheon International Airport and Gimpo International Airport.
- Payment is possible with credit cards or T-money.
- These taxis can accommodate up to five passengers.
- The “International Taxi” sign is on the roof of each taxi.
- Cabs with “Japanese” signs mean that the driver can speak Japanese.
- These taxis can accommodate up to 5 passengers.
- The color is black . The sides of the vehicle and the roof lamp will have the “International TAXI” sign.
- These taxi vans can accommodate up to nine passengers.
- The body of the vehicle is black and “International Taxi” signs are displayed on the sides.
- While you can differentiate between a privately and company owned taxi by their roof lamp, you can also easily spot company owned cabs by the company name and numbers on their side doors.
- The basic fare for these taxis is 3,000won for the first 2 km with an increase of 100 won per 142m.
- These taxis are black with yellow roof lamp. Although considerably more comfortable, these luxury cabs also cost more.
- The basic fare is 5,000 won with an increase of 200 won per 3km.
- These taxis have the sign “Free Interpretation,”
- Riders have access to free interpretation services in Japanese, English, and Chinese via the use of a cell phone.
- If you need the service, simply tell your cab driver, “Free interpretation.”