Seoul has different types of parks. These include ecological parks designed with the preservation of certain rare types of flora and fauna in mind, and its small and medium-sized parks that provide an environmentally-friendly setting with diverse fun faclilities for the whole family.
- November 15, 1987 Removed of Seoul Detention Center to Uiwang-si, Gyeonggi-do - May 10, 1989 Decided Construction Notice Item No.232, City Plans (Park) decision - May 24, 1989 Approved Park Application Plans Approval(Seoul city notice no.244) - July 23, 1990 Decided Construction Notice Item No.436 Park Composition Plans decision - August 15, 1992 Opened Ownership Classification
- State owned : 2,624.30㎡(2.4%) - Public owned : 106,569,50㎡(97.6%) - Private owned : 105,786.50㎡, Manager owned : 783.00㎡
Key Facilities - Convenience facility : Parking lot(3,150㎡)for 107cars, toilet and stall(3), drinking fountain(6) - Landscape facility : : Shade shelf(8) , public telephone(6), clock tower(1), 1 fountain 468㎡ - Recreation facility : Normal chair(179), rattan chair(103), flat bench(14), simple arbor(2) - Cultural facility · Patriotic Martyrs Monument : Area 1,200㎡, height 22.3m
· Declaration of Independence Monument Area 324㎡, height 4.2m
· Statue of Seo Jae-pil : Area 16㎡, height 6.3m
· Dongnimmun(Independence Arch) : Area 162㎡, height 11.48m
· Dongnimgwan(Independence Hall) : Above ground 1 Floor, underground 1 floor, total area 554.88㎡
· Maintenance Facility : Maintenance office 1,355.38㎡, substation 84㎡, guidance board 14, park and 151 heads
- Historic sites : Maintained by Seodaemun-gu Office
- Dongnimmun(Historical relic no.32) Yeongeunmoon-joocho(Historical relic no.33) Seodaemun Prison History Hall(Historical relic no.324)
· 29,218㎡ has been passed to the Seodaemoon ward for maintenance since June 1, 1997.
· 7 Jails, 1 execution ground,exhibition hall(Security Office building), 1 Hansen disease barrack, landscape facility