Information as of 21 Feb, 2017
Visit the Hall of Royal Court Culture – Unhyeongung Palace
Unhyeongung Palace has been designated as Seoul Historic Site No. 257, and it was the base of Regent Heungseon Daewongun’s political activities in the modern history of Korea.
- It exhibits various artifacts related to Regent Heungseon Daewongun’s use of Unhyeongung Palace.
- It exhibits costumes that were used when King Gojong and Empress Myeongseong held auspicious ceremonies.
- Location :464, Samil-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-766-9090
Experience Korean Food Culture – Institute of Korean Royal Cuisine
The Institute of Korean Royal Cuisine is Korea’s representative research institute that studies traditional Korean food culture and teaches how to make all kinds of traditional Korean food, including the royal court food of the Joseon Dynasty, which is important intangible cultural heritage.
- Offers lectures on royal court food for the general public.
- Royal court food course, traditional food course, hotel Korean set menu course
- Location :16, Changdeokgung 5-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-744-9092
Make Various Kinds of Kimchi – Seoul Kimchi Culture Experience Center
Citizens can learn about Korean history and culture through kimchi, and they can make their own kimchi and tteok-bokki (Stir-fried Rice Cake) under the teaching of a kimchi expert.
- Experience of making kimchi and tteok-bokki(Stir-fried Caka)
- Participants can take the kimchi that they made home with them.
- Location :4F Gyeongdo Bldg., 21-7, Myeong-dong 8-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-318-7051
Cultural Space of Hanok (Korean Traditional House) - Samcheonggak
Samcheonggak is a cultural and art complex where citizens can learn, enjoy, and experience traditional culture and art. Visitors can view performance art shows by famous artists at the outdoor courtyard.
- Various events, such as art performances, experience-oriented activities, education, exhibition, international conferences, and traditional weddings, can be held here.
- Location :3, Daesagwan-ro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-765-3700
Traditional Cultural Space in Seoul – the Korea Cultural House (KOUS)
The Korean Cultural House (KOUS) is an institution that is committed to the introduction and promotion of the traditional Korean lifestyle for both Koreans and overseas tourists who are interested in Korean culture.
operates an art performance venue for visitors to appreciate traditional
operates a cultural heritage educational institute to teach traditional crafts.
- It offers
various programs for tourists and foreigners to learn about Korean culture in
an interesting way.
- Location :12-9, Teheran-ro, 92-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (944-22, Daechi-dong)
- Tel :+82-2-3011-1788
Let the World Know about Korean Etiquettes– Yejiwon
Yejiwon was the first place that taught Korean etiquettes in the 1970s when people’s awareness of culture was low due to economic difficulties.
- It offers education on Korean etiquettes for invited foreign guests by planning a two-day one-night program.
- It offers the experiences of a tea ceremony, traditional wedding, and making kimchi
- Location :2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-2234-3325