The Best Sports and Cultural Complex in Korea – Gocheok Skydome
Opened in 2015, Gocheok Skydome is located in Gocheok-dong, Guro-gu. Built as part of the effort to expand the number of public sports arenas and cultural facilities capable of hosting a wide variety of events, Gocheok Skydome is the first domed baseball stadium in Korea and features 18,076 seats. As such, it is a complex capable of hosting various sports and cultural events for visitors to enjoy all year round.
- Gocheok Skydome is connected to a pedestrian plaza
where side events can be held during major events at the Skydome. In the
future, this plaza will be connected to a baseball themed street.
- Location :430 Gyeongin-ro, Guro-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-2128-2300
The First Indoor Sports Arena in Korea – Jangchung Gymnasium
Built in 1963, Jangchung Gymnasium is the first indoor sports arena in Korea. Located in Jangchung-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, it served as the venue for the judo and taekwondo events of the 1988 Summer Olympic Games, as well as amateur basketball games and professional wrestling matches.
- Beginning in 2012, nearly 50 years after its construction in 1963, a project was launched to renovate the aging gymnasium. The renovations were completed and the gymnasium reopened in 2015.
Currently, Jangchung Gymnasium is home to the GS Caltex volleyball team and Woori Card Volleyball Club.
- Location :Jangchung-dong 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-2128-2800
The Home Ground of Korea’s Soccer Team – Seoul World Cup Stadium
The Seoul World Cup Stadium, located in Sangam-dong, was opened on December 27, 2001,for the 2002 Korea/Japan FIFA World Cup. The Seoul World Cup Stadium hosted the opening ceremony and the opening match.
- The largest soccer stadium in Asia, it is the home ground of Korea’s national soccer team.
- Equipped with a variety of facilities, including multiplex cinemas, shopping malls, wedding halls, gyms, saunas and discount stores, the stadium is a huge cultural complex where visitors can enjoy recreational and cultural activities, shopping, and sports.
- The outdoor square next to the stadium has been opened to the public for various events and sporting activities including inline skating and hockey.
- Location :240, World cup-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-02-2128-2002
Brimming Bleachers – Jamsil Baseball Stadium
This baseball stadium located within Jamsil Sports Complex was opened in July 1982 – the unforgettable year when Korea won the Baseball World Championship.
- The stadium is the home ground for Korea’s pro league baseball teams LG Twins and Doosan Bears.
- Baseball games are played every day except on Mondays and rainy days during the baseball season.
- Location :25, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
Space for Citizens’ Daily Physical Exercise- Mok-dong Stadium
Seoul began constructing Mokdong Stadium in June 1987 to meet the ever-increasing demand for a sports facility due to the city’s rising population.
- There is a baseball stadium and an indoor ice rink. The baseball stadium is the home ground of Nexen Heroes.
- The indoor ice rink is used for ice hockey games and figure skating among other ice sports. It is also used as an occasional stage for ice ballets.
- The stadium is used not only for major sports events but also serves as a sports ground for nearby residents
- Location :336, Anyangcheon-gil, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-02-2652-3888