Adventure and thrill are available in Seoul – Lotte World
Opened in 1989, Lotte World is popular due to its convenient location at the heart of Seoul, while the proximity of numerous hotels, sports facilities, and department stores make it the ideal destination for a great shopping experience, too.
- Lotte World consists of two theme parks – Indoor Adventure, which is focused on exploration and mystery, and Magic Island, an outdoor lake-based theme park.
- There are 39 rides in total, including 22 rides at Indoor Adventure and 17 at Magic Island.
- Seasonal festivals, two daily parades, and other exciting stage performances are also held there.
- Location :240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Tel. :+82-2-411-2000
Holiday Outing Course – Seoul Land
Seoul Land is located in Gwacheon-si, one of Seoul’s satellite cities, and is easily accessible by car or subway. Opened back in 1988, right before the Seoul Olympic Games, Seoul Land was Korea’s first all-inclusive theme park comprising five entertainment zones boasting distinctive themes: World Plaza, Adventure Land, Future Land, Fantasy Land, and Adventure Land.
- Seoul Land is popular amongst Seoulites as a great place for a stroll as it features a zoo, a botanical garden, various forest trails, the National Museum of Contemporary Art, and an exhibition space dedicated to information and communication technology.
- Opera Dreams Show takes place every night at the fountain square. The show combines popular arias sung in popera (pop+opera) style with extravagant costumes. When night falls, Seoul Land lights up the sky with its beautiful fireworks and laser displays.
- Location :181, Gwangmyeong-ro, Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel :+82-2-509-6000
A Treat for All the Children- Children’s Grand Park
Children’s Grand Park is built on the site of Yugangwon, the tomb of Empress Sunmyeong of the Korean Empire. The area was also used as a golf course by the US military for a brief period. The park’s lush greenery is a great place for youngsters to enjoy.
- This park is ideal for relaxation and cultural activities for both kids and adults.
- Grand Park is popular with those seeking to be refreshed and surrounded by nature.
- The Music Fountain, soon to be promoted as ‘a place to pledge one’s love,’ will feature water shows that feature water streams that move to the music.
- Location :216, Neungdong-ro, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+82-2-450-9311
Children’s Grand Park
Theme Parks Near Seoul
Korean Folk Village
Korea Folk Village faithfully recreates Korea’s traditional way of life according to historic documents and relics. This popular outdoor museum is visited by tourists from all over the world.
- Location :90, Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel :+82-31-288-0000
Korean Folk Village
The theme park, opened in 1976 as Yongin Natural Farm (Yongin Jayeon Nongwon), has kept its place as Korea’s largest theme park ever since. Both Everland and the water park Caribbean Bay form part of the Everland Resort.
- Location :199, Everland-ro, Pogok-eup, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel :+82-31-320-5000