Seoul Arts Center
The Seoul Arts Center is Korea’s largest comprehensive art facility, which is equipped with various art spaces.
- The Seoul Arts Center has an Opera House, a concert hall, Hangaram Art Museum, Hangaram Design Museum, and the Seoul Calligraphy Art Museum
- It has a Meeting Street, Traditional Korean Garden, and Outdoor Theater , which revitalize outdoor art space
- Offers art academy, music academy, and calligraphy academy by installing the Art Academy in the center.
- Address :2406, Nambusunhwan-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Tel :+ 82-2-580-1300
Sejong Center for the Performing Arts
Sejong Center for the Performing Arts is an agency that was established by Seoul City. It has been recognized as the world’s 10th best performance venue. It is considered to be a gateway to the Korean art performance arena.
- It used to be Korea’s representative performance venue .
- It consists of the main theater, small theater, art museum, Sejong M Theater, and Sejong Chamber Hall
- A gallery was opened to expand cultural spaces in subway stations
The National Theater of Korea
Four groups, such as the National Drama Company of Korea, The National Changguk Company Of Korea, the National Dance Company, and the National Orchestra of Korea, present excellent repertoires, which commensurate with the characteristics and globalization of traditional Korean art.
- The theater is used as a performance venue for holding various cultural spaces if time slots are available.
- It provides various genres such as folk songs, popular music, and movie tracks by operating gukak appreciation programs that are set according to weekly themes.
The areas of Jeong-dong and Gwanghwamun, where Chongdong Theater is located, are famous as cultural attractions where tradition and modernity meet.
- Major famous places include Deoksugung Palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, and Deoksugung Doldam-gil.
- Viewers of performances can enjoy traditional Korean ambience, as well as the tradition of performance in downtown Seoul
- Various programs are offered to viewers to participate.
LG Art Center
The LG Art Center, which is located in the center of Seoul, is leading performance culture in Gangnam. It presents the world’s excellent performances.
- It presents the world’s art to Korea, and excellent Korean art as well, such as the dance musicals “15 Minutes and 23 Seconds” and “Antler.”
- It is doing its best to present excellent Korean repertoires by planning and producing Korean plays and dance performances every year.
National Center for Korean Traditional Performing Arts
The National Center for Korean Traditional Performing Arts is a national music agency that has been established to transmit and develop traditional music and dance. It is conducting various activities related to gukak performances and gukak itself.
- It is equipped with various facilities such as the Gukak Museum and the Gukak Training Center, as well as gukak performance venues such as Yeakdang and Wumyeongdang theaters
- It presents performances for novices to be able to easily understand and enjoy the performances; performances by Korea’s best artists; and UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritages, such as Jongmyo Jeryeak (Ceremonial Music of the Royal Ancestral Shrine of Joseon).
- Dadam, which is a gukak concert program that presents both master artists’ stories and gukak performances, is held several times a month.
- Address :
2634, Nambusunhwan-ro, Seocho-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Tel :