LIVE IN SEOUL
Foreign visitors coming to Korea should have a valid passport and visa, except for those from the 99 nations with which Korea has a special agreement. Visitors from the 99 countries are allowed to stay in Korea temporarily without visa.
For further information on the processes of visa issuance and modification, visit the Korean Immigration Bureau Website:
- Incheon Int'l Airport: http://www.airport.kr/eng/
- Gimpo Int'l Airport: http://gimpo.airport.co.kr/doc/www_eng/index.jsp
- Government for Foreigners: http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/main_en.pt
- Ministry of Justice: http://www.moj.go.kr/HP/ENG/index.do
Foreigners must receive permission to change the status of their stay if they want to engage in new activities that are not covered or permitted under their current visa. As a general rule, foreigners seeking to change their visa status are required to first leave Korea. The applicant can then re-enter the country to obtain the newly issued visa.
However, some circumstances exist which allow individuals to change their visa status without having to leave the country. A limited change of status can be earned by passing a rigid examination.
For further information on change of status of stay and required documentation, please visit the Korean Immigration
- Application form, passport, alien registration card, attached document for status, application fee (50,000 won).
Termination of employment requires foreign individuals to depart Korea within 14 days of the expiration date of their contract. If they find another job or change their place of employment, they must once again obtain permission from the Immigration Office to work in the country, as they did before.
|Temporary Employment (C-4)||Profession (E-5)|
|Intra-company Transfer (D-7)||Culture/Arts (E-6)|
|Treaty Investment (D-8)||Specially designated Activities (E-7)|
|Treaty Trade (D-9)||Training Employment (E-8)|
|Professor (E-1)||Nonprofessional employment (E-9)|
|Foreign Language Teaching (E-2)||Labor Aboard(E-10)|
|Research (E-3)||Working Holiday (H-1)|
Requirements and documents needed
- Visit in person a district or a branch office
- Application form
- Passport and alien registration card
- Attached document per status
- Fee (60,000 won)