A. Conditions in which you should wear a KF mask (KF94 or higher)
When taking care of a suspected COVID-19 patient
B. Conditions in which you should wear a KF mask (KF80 or higher)
1) When visiting a medical institution;
2) When showing respiratory symptoms, including coughing, sneezing, phlegm, runny nose and sore throat;
3) If you work at a place where there is a high risk of infection due to contact with many people;
E.g. Public transportation drivers, cashiers, station attendants, mailmen, deliverymen, janitors of large buildings, and those who meet clients face-to-face
4) If you are a person with vulnerable health or underlying health conditions who come into contact with others within 2 meters in unventilated space (e.g. gatherings, public transportations, etc.).
* People with vulnerable health: Senior citizens, children, pregnant women, people with chronic diseases, etc.
* People with underlying health conditions: Patients with chronic lung disease, diabetes, chronic renal disease, chronic liver disease, chronic cardiovascular disease or blood cancer, as well as patients with cancer under anticancer therapy and patients who are taking immunosuppressant, etc.
A. Precautions when wearing a mask
1) Before wearing a mask, wash your hands with soap and water, or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
2) Wear a mask to completely cover your mouth and nose, and make sure the mask fits tightly on your face;
3) Do not put a piece of cloth or tissue on your mask as it will degrade its function by lowering its adherence;
4) Do not touch the mask while wearing it. If you happen to touch it, wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
B. If you reuse a KF mask, consider the matters as follows:
1) Only one person should temporarily reuse his or her own mask in a place with a lower risk of contamination;
2) Reuse the used KF mask after sufficiently drying it by hanging it in a clean, well-ventilated place.
3) Do not dry masks with a hairdryer, sterilize masks using a microwave or alcohol, or wash masks as doing so will degrade the function of its electrostatic filter
C. If you use a cotton mask equipped with a replaceable electrostatic filter, consider the additional matters as follows:
1) When you insert the electrostatic filter, be careful not to tear as it is flimsy;
2) Use an electrostatic filter that fits as exactly as possible to the size of the mask to avoid any slits;
3) When the cotton mask gets wet, replace the electrostatic filter with a new one. Do not wash the used electrostatic filter as exposing it to moisture will degrade its function.