GET TO KNOW US
Seoul Metropolitan Government set to impose fines of up to three million won on businesses running A/C with the doors open
2012-06-25 VIEW: 573
The main points of the ‘comprehensive summer energy saving plan’ include the imposition of fines of up to 3 million won on businesses running A/C with the doors open; the mandatory obligation for all government offices to consume 10% less energy compared with the previous year; the elimination of hidden power wastage through the ‘energy guardian’; the offering of advice on excessive A/C usage; and the inspection of large private buildings.
The city of Seoul will allow a grace period for the month of June before beginning to impose fines during a clampdown set to last from July 1 to September 21, responding strongly to energy waste. A first offence will receive a warning, but from the second offence, fines ranging from 500,000 up to three million won will be imposed according to the number of offences.
The city first plans to make it mandatory for Seoul’s headquarters and boroughs, investment and contribution institutions, and business offices to use 10% less energy compared to the previous year. Government offices will be required to keep the thermostat 2℃ higher than the private sector at 28℃ and to completely shut off A/C during peak hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and holidays).
- 2013 Hi Seoul Bicycle Parade 05-14-2013
- Seoul Metropolitan Government Opens Energy Saving Information Center 05-14-2013
- 225 Cathedrals in Seoul Including Myeongdong Catholic Cathedral to Reduce Energ... 05-14-2013
- Seoul Metropolitan Government to Issue Prescription for Energy Efficiency to Sc... 05-14-2013
- 243 Subway Stations in Seoul to use LED Lighting Fixtures 05-14-2013