The Gilsangsa has preserved its temple atmosphere since 1997 where the Daewongak, a top-three exclusive restaurant that was in operation from the late 1960s to the early 1980s, once stood and was officially registered in the Seoul Future Heritage in 2013. It holds special charity concerts, featuring the traditional Bongchuk Ceremony together with the impaired, underprivileged children and others in need, during the month of May and The temple is located in downtown Seoul, offering easy access to residents and foreign guests. There is a temple stay experience which offers both one-day and overnight programs.
- ○ Address: 68, Seonjam-ro 5-gil, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
- ○ Directions: Take the shuttle bus (Seongbuk 02) in front of exit 6 at Hanseong Univ. Station, Line 4 (Blue Line)
- ○ Temple Stay Program
- – One-day stay: Last Monday of each month / Learning temple etiquette, performing 108 prostrations (bows), enjoying tea time with monks and more
- – Overnight stay: 3rd & 4rd weekends of each month / Partaking in tea ceremony rituals, enjoying a meal at Balwoo Gongyang, partaking in Buddhist services, performing Zen meditation, performing 108 prostrations (bows), enjoying tea time with monks and more
- ○ Website: http://kilsangsa.info/
- ○ Inquiries: 82-2-3672-5945