Yongsan International Business District, a project propelled by Seoul Metropolitan Government to enhance its international competitiveness, is one of the world’s largest composite complexes whose total floor area is 5.6 times that of Roppongi Hills in Japan and more than two times that of Canary Wharf in the U.K.
Through this project, Seoul City will promote the balanced growth and development of Seoul by dispersing the concentration of development factors in Gangnam and transform it into an international business center by developing the last large area of usable land in downtown Seoul.
|Location||40-1 Seobu Ichon-dong, Hangangno 3(sam)-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul|
|Land Area||565,109m² (including the railroad deck area)|
|Industries to be attracted||Luxurious office, shopping mall, hotel, entertainment facilities, department store, designer product boutique, residential-commercial composite building, convention center, etc.|
|Duration of Project||Scheduled for completion in December 2016.|
The largest business hub in Northeast Asia, located at the heart of a vast metropolitan area with a population of 25 million people
- Located in the center of the 3 largest business areas in Seoul
- Support of the central government including concentration of the transportation network, preparation of green parks, and establishment of various development plans
- The largest center of economy and culture, ranking with Time Square in New York and Central in Hong Kong
Core of the Green Network in Seoul
- The center of the Green Axis in Seoul, connecting Namsam(Mt.), Yongsan Park, YIBD, and the Han River: The best green network in downtown Seoul
- Will benefit from the underground Gangbyeon Expressway; visitors to YIBD will have free access to the Hangang River Waterfront Park.