– (Principle) To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all people living in South Korea are eligible for vaccination regardless of nationality
– (Target) All non-Koreans staying long-term (more than 90 days) in South Korea
– However, those without an alien registration number (e.g. exempt from alien registration) can be vaccinated at a public health center or vaccination center* after receiving a temporary identification number issued at a public health center (*For ages over 75)
– Non-Koreans staying short-term (less than 90 days; due to travel, etc.) are not eligible.
– (Period) Same as Korean nationals; according to vaccination period of target groups (e.g. workers of certain institutions, age groups)
|Information||Receive text message sent to the registered mobile phone number when registering or reporting residence|
|Application||Submit consent form directly to the community center, or consent form is collected at a related organization (e.g. support center) and submitted to the community center|
– Schedule: Informed via text message or mobile app (NAVER app, KakaoTalk, TOSS, etc.) when the reservation date and time are confirmed
– Vaccination: Visit the local vaccination center individually to be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine after checking your vaccine location and schedule
– Support: Multilingual vaccination guide and preliminary medical survey are provided; interpretation services provided if necessary during vaccination at the vaccination center
※ Interpretation: Danuri Call Center (1577-1366), Counseling Center for Foreign Workers (1577-0071), Immigration Contact Center (1345), etc.
(at least 3 days after)
|Multilingual information on responding to adverse reactions (via text message, etc.)
Reporting adverse reactions – By self, guardian, or medical institution
National compensation for damages of vaccination – Applicable same as Korean nationals