Calling all Hallyu lovers to Seoul, the home of Hallyu! Seoul hosts online invitational event for foreign Hallyu fans
- – Hallyu parody contest to be held from July 24 (Mon) to August 13 (Sun) (e.g. K-pop cover dance or Hallyu star makeup demonstration video)
- – One winning team to be invited to Seoul (tour of 10 best Hallyu hot spots in Seoul); other prizes include tickets to K-pop awards ceremony
□ For a three-week period starting on July 24 (Mon), Seoul Metropolitan Government will be hosting an online event for Hallyu fans worldwide as a way of promoting Seoul’s Hallyu tourism resources (10 best Hallyu hot spots in Seoul and Hallyu Activities Program).
- ○ The tour of 10 best Hallyu hot spots in Seoul takes participants to the city’s most prominent Hallyu attractions, including Namsan Seoul Tower, one of the filming locations for the drama My Love from another Star, and the Hallyu celebrity experience facility SMTOWN COEX Artium. The 10 hot spots were selected last year by the popular vote of over 13,000 domestic and foreign tourists.
- ○ The Hallyu Activities Program is a Hallyu experience tourism program for foreign tourists that is operated year-round by Seoul City and private corporations. It includes the K-pop Dance Experience Program, Hallyu Star Hair Styling Class, Hallyu Star Makeup Class, and Hallyu Cooking Class.
- ○ All foreigners (non-Korean citizens) who love Hallyu are welcome to participate, and each applicant must be featured in their contest entry.
- ○ Award-winning entries will be selected based on a comprehensive evaluation of their originality, creativity, aesthetic beauty, and production quality. The results will be posted on the same website on August 18 (Fri).
□ Director Kim Tae-myeong of Seoul Metropolitan Government’s Tourism Business Division said, “The aim of this contest is to raise interest in Seoul’s tourist attractions among Hallyu fans who are actively reinterpreting Hallyu content in their own creative ways, such as K-pop cover dances and videos that demonstrate the makeup styles of Hallyu stars. With the goal of attracting more tourists to our city, we will continue promoting Seoul’s Hallyu tourism resources.”
Attached 1. Online event poster
(English, Japanese, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese)
Attached 2. 10 best Hallyu hot spots in Seoul
「10 best Hallyu hot spots in Seoul」Lists
|1||K-wave culture experience||COEX, SMTOWN@coexartium||Exhibition and experience relevant to SM entertainment artists|
|2||K-Star Road||Exhibition of Idol group art toy, concentrated area of main entertainment agencies|
|3||Shooting site of popular TV series||Namsan Seoul Tower||Shooting site for <My love from star>, <Infinite challenge>, <We got married>|
|4||Yeouido Han River Park and Han River Cruise||Shooting sites for <My love from star>, <Infinite challenge>, <Running man>|
|5||Sevit Island(Floating Island) & Banpodaegyo Bridge Moonlight Rainbow Fountain||Shooting sites for <She Was Pretty>, <Running man>, <Iris>|
|6||Gyeongbokgung Palace||Shooting site for <Moon Embracing the Sun>|
|7||Shooting site of popular entertainment programs||Lotte World & Lotte World Tower||Shooting sites for <We got married>, <Running man>, <Infinite challenge>, <The Producer>|
|8||Cheonggyecheon stream||Shooting site for <We got married>|
|9||Deoksugung Palace||Shooting site for Infinite challenge tour in <Infinite challenge>|
|10||Namsangol Hanok Village||Shooting site for Infinite challenge tour in <Infinite challenge>|
Attached 3. Seoul Hallyu Activities Program
2017 Seoul Hallyu Activities Program
□ Hallyu Activities Program
- ○ Program Duration: Apr. 2017-Dec. 2017
- ○ Eligibility: Foreign national
- ○ Contents: Offer a wide range of opportunities for tourists who love Korean pop culture and want to experience Hallyu
□ Hallyu Activities Program
|Program Theme||Contents||Location||Capacity||Date and Time|
|K-pop Dance Experience Program||Offer the most popular K-pop Dance Program||SM COEX Artium
(513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul)
|15 people||Every week (Mondays) 11:00 to 13:00|
|MBC World Broadcasting Theme Park Tour Program||Visiting ‘MBC World’ located inside MBC, a major broadcasting station||MBC World Broadcasting Theme Park
(267 Seongam-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul)
|15 people||Every second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 10:00am~12:00pm|
|Hallyu Star Makeup Class||Learn makeup and beauty tips used by Hallyu celebrities!||eSpoir Ewha Womans University Branch 2F (56 Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul)||20 people||Every second and fourth Wednesday of each month, 15:00 to 18:00|
|Hallyu Star Styling Class||Offer all participants tips on the latest cosmetics trends||Jenny House Chungdam Hill
(16-1, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul)
|15 people||Every third Monday of the month
5 to 7 p.m
|Hallyu Cooking Class||Learn how to cook Korean dishes featured in K-dramas! Expert chefs will teach how to cook authentic Korean food.||Beksul Cooking Studio, 1F CJ CheilJedang headquarters
(330 Dongho-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul)
|18 people||Every second and fourth Thursday from 11:00 to 13:00|
The schedule may be subject to change. Individual applications may not be accepted for days with existing group reservations.
- ○ Apply online at Seoul’s official tourism website VisitSeoul.net.
- Online Apply: http://goo.gl/PF33tL
- program participants will be selected randomly via a lottery. Selected program participants will receive a confirmation email five days prior to the program start date.
‣ Program applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis
- ○ K-pop Dance Experience Program, MBC World Broadcasting Theme Park Tour Program, Hallyu Star Makeup Class, Hallyu Star Styling Class: Free
- ○ Hallyu Cooking Class: KRW 20,000/person
- ○ K-pop Dance Experience Program: https://youtu.be/4pRx2qZNlJU
- ○ MBC World Broadcasting Theme Park Tour Program: https://youtu.be/9prZoLXu4jw
- ○ Hallyu Star Makeup Class: https://youtu.be/H842XQReIhk
- ○ Hallyu Star Styling Class: https://youtu.be/20y0wRtp8FU
- ○ Hallyu Cooking Class: https://youtu.be/EDw5F97CBDU