6 Million Won in Support Offered to Cultural Events Made by Foreign Residents in Seoul
|< Russia’s ‘A Million Roses’ >
||< France’s ‘From France To Korea’ >
Seoul City is promoting cultural events held by foreign resident communities in 2018 to encourage community activities and cultural events made by the city’s foreign residents. To this end, Seoul City is supporting 80% of the expenses (up to a maximum of 6 million won) for selected events
From March to November 2018, cultural events (making use of music, physical activities, food, costumes, etc.) held in Seoul by foreign resident communities (including foreign students, married immigrant women, workers, etc.) and private organizations will be targeted for this support. In particular, the city is going to focus on supporting events that can be expanded to Civic Participation Festivals, such as host country national day celebrations, folklore-based/holiday events, and national exchange and cooperation events.
Foreign resident communities that wish to apply will need to submit an application form, along with detailed plans about the event, and an introduction to their community.
Support for Cultural Events from Foreign Resident Communities in 2018
1. Application requirements: Cultural events held in Seoul by foreign residents in 2018
- ○ Cultural events held in Seoul by foreign resident communities
- - This applies to all foreign residents, including foreign students, married immigrant women, workers, etc.
- ○ Cultural events carried out by foreign residents in Seoul and hosted by private organizations
- ○ A portion of the total cost of the event (up to 80%)
- ○ Up to a maximum of 6 million won
- ○ Application period: 2018.2.5 – 2018.2.14 (18:00)
- ○ Required documents: Application form, introduction to applicant’s organization, detailed contents of the event
- ○ Application by e-mail：email@example.com
- ○ Inquiries: 82-2-2133-5077
4. Remarks (submitted documents will not be returned)
- ○ Only one event per country will be selected, excluding pure internal events, club events, and fundraising events with no cultural exchange purpose.
- ○ Selected events will be announced separately, followed by the conclusion of an agreement.
- ○ Depending on the situation, the number of events per country might be more than one (commemorative ceremonies, etc.). Also, in some cases, the date and place of the cultural event might be adjusted upon consultation with Seoul City (all events must conclude by November 2018)
- ○ Subsidies will be issued within 30 days after examination of the submitted settlement report upon completion of the event.
- ○ According to the Public Official Election Act, no event can be held from the period between 60 days before elections (2018.4.14) until the election day (2018.6.13).
Application Form Notice for Organizations Applying for Financial Support
2018. 2. 5.
Mayor of Seoul