Go to Main ContentGo to Footer Content

The Cultural Heritage of SEOUL(TBS)

  • 35. The Art Museum of Park No-Su, a First-Generation Artist of Korean Painting

  • SMG 2467
    image_pdfimage_print
    [video mp4=”http://english.seoul.go.kr/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/35_박노수미술관.mp4″][/video]

     

    The house of painter Park No-su (1927-2013), located at 34, 1-gil, Okin-dong, will be opened to the public as the Park No-su Art Museum and run by the Jongro-Gu Office. The building was built by an architect named Park Gil-ryong around 1937, using a combination of Korean and western styles. Mr. Park No-su lived in the house from 1973 until 2011.

    The first floor consists of ondol-heated rooms and a wooden floor space, while the second floor consists of a wooden floor space, along with three fireplaces. The house has been expanded and repaired on several occasions, and has been registered as Seoul City Cultural Heritage Material No.1.