Bureau and Corporate Funded Body
This old, green-painted building is situated right next to the sidewalk in Chungjeong-ro. Its ground floor is occupied by various stores. The three nameplates made of different materials at the entrance inform visitors that it is an old building. According to the building register, it was completed in August 1937. It was named Toyota (or Pungjeon in the Korean way) Apartment after the Japanese owner during the colonial period.
The three four-story (with a basement) buildings give on to a triangular courtyard. Its central heating system was an object of envy for many Koreans at that time. During the Korean War, it was used as a facility for North Korean troops and then for UN troops. In 1975, the building was purchased by Seoul Bank and then sold to forty-seven households.