The 2nd Korean Temple Food Festival will be held by the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism from Mar. 6 (Thur.) to Mar. 9 (Sun.) at exhibition hall #3 of the Seoul Trade Exhibition & Convention (SETEC) and sponsored by Seoul Metropolitan Government.
The festival showcases various programs for citizens to experience temple foods, such as making temple foods, contest of temple food, and free sample booths.
Temple foods are the prototype of Korean culture with over 1,700 years’ history. The spirit of temple foods, i.e., eating the proper quantity and not leaving any leftover and feeling the preciousness of life by consuming even a grain of rice, is an environment-friendly alternative with as much value as traditional culture.
< Summary of Event >
– Time: Mar. 6 (Thur.) ~ Mar. 9 (Sun.)/4 days
– Admission: 3,000 won (waived for those who make reservations in advance)
– Place: Exhibition hall #3, Seoul Trade Exhibition & Convention (SETEC)
– For inquiries, contact: +02-2-2031-2000
< Major Programs >
– Temple food cooking class together with daddy/Children’s taste class, etc.
– Making and trying temple foods/Experiencing the alms bowl meal, etc.
– Reproduction of traditional temple kitchen/Seasonal food setting, etc.
➃ Temple Food Contest
– Contests in student division, adult division, and exhibition division
‣ Schedule of contests
→ Student division: March 8 (Sat.), 1 pm
→ Adult division: March 9 (Sun.), 10 am
→ Exhibition division: March 7~9
→ Announcement of winners and awards ceremony: March 9 (Sun.), 3 pm