A 7.6 kilometer-section between Gwanghwamun Square and Banpo Hangang Park will be given back to the pedestrians on the last Sunday of September. The road, which is generally full of vehicles, will be operated as a place exclusively for people walking and biking for the day.
The event will be held such that 17,000 people including ordinary citizens and members of hobby clubs move from Gwanghwamun Square to Banpo Hangang Park on foot or by bicycle.
- Time: 08:00~12:00, (Sunday) Sept. 29, 2013
- Venue: Gwanghwamun Square (departure), Banpo Hangang Park (arrival)
- Major course: Gwanghwamun Square – Namsan Tunnel 3 – Banpo Hangang Park
– Walking: Namsan Tunnel 3 → Noksapyeong Station →Jamsugyo Bridge → Banpo Hangang Park (7.6km)
– Bicycling: Namsan Tunnel 3→ Banpodaegyo (Bridge) → Seocho 3-dong Sageori return point → Banpo Hangang Park (15km)
- Participants: ordinary citizens, hobby club members, etc. (about 17,000 people)