‘SIGGRAPH Asia 2010,’ a global conference on the latest in computer graphics, will be held in December in Seoul.
- Name : SIGGRAPH Asia 2010 (The 3rd conference in Asia)
※ The first SIGGRAPH Asia conference was held in Singapore in 2008
and the second was held in Yokohama, Japan.
- Event dates : Dec. 15-18, 2010
- Venues : COEX, SETEC
- Contents : Conference, exhibition on computer graphics, CG films, job fair
- Host : ACM SIGGRAPH ※ ACM : Association for Computing Machinery
- Organizers : Koelnmesse (trade fair organizer) and organizing committee of the host city
- Support/Sponsorship : Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Number of potential participants : About 25,000 people
– Some 170 computer-hardware companies, animation studios, computer game firms, research institutes,
including Sony Pictures, Autodesk, Intel, AMD and PiXAR
– Experts and students in the fields of animation, computer games, digital contents at home and abroad
Brief overview of SIGGRAPH – Special Interest Group on GRAPHics and Interactive Techniques
- SIGGRAPH is considered the world’s most prestigious conference in the field of computer graphics and interactive technology.
- The annual conference is held in August in major cities across the U.S.
(The 37th conference for 2010 will be held in Los Angeles)
- The conference draws about 25,000 people, or some 230 companies from 79 countries.
- Participants include multinational firms, animation studios, computer game companies and research institutes such as Walt Disney, Sony Pictures and the Electronic and Telecommunication Research Institute of South Korea.